Mega Man Legends 3 Cancelled

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Goodbye, devroom

Mega Man Legends 3 has easily become one of the more interesting projects in development for the 3DS, with its influence on fan input in the form of an interactive online devroom, votes to decide character designs and more and an announced Prototype Version, once planned to launch alongside the eShop, which would showcase the game in a beta stage. That's why it's so disappointing that it's no longer coming.

Capcom has just announced that development has ceased, nor will the prototype version see release. The decision stems from the project's failing to meet certain criteria that the publisher has not made public, though it has stated that it is unrelated to series creator Keiji Inafune's departure.

A Q&A from the devroom reveals that there is no chance that the ideas generated there will see use in future games and that there are no plans to recreate the same level of fan interactivity. Those who authored ideas that were to see use in Legends 3 will receive a commemorative gift as consolation.

Capcom staff member GregaMan posted the following on the developer blog:

We'd like to thank you for your ongoing loyal support of Mega Man Legends 3. Today, however, we must regrettably announce the discontinuation of this project.

From the outset the MML3 Project was intended to give gamers across the world insight and input into the development process. Part of this process includes an assessment of whether the title will go into full production, and is based on a number of criteria with input from different sectors of the company.

Unfortunately it was not felt that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria, and it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game. Additionally, updates of the Mega Man Legends Developer Room will cease as of today, though the North American Developer Room and its forums will remain open indefinitely.

We can only express our deepest apologies to all of you who have lent us your unending support, including participation in the Mega Man Legends 3 Developer Room. On behalf of the entire Legends team, please accept our sincere apology for failing to meet the expectations of the fans.

We thank you all so much for your extended support of this title and this community, and we hope that you will continue to support the Mega Man franchise as well as other Capcom games.

[via capcom-unity.com]

Related Games

SonicMaster

SonicMaster said:

Dang, it's just not Mega Man's year, is it? I really hope Capcom realizes the impact of these decisions.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Wow another blow to the 3DS. I know alot of people were waiting for that game.

Falkor

Falkor said:

Noooooo! First Mega Man Universe, now this! It was going to be my excuse to plop down the cash for a 3DS too...

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Is Sony going around buying up third-party publishers away from Nintendo. :D

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Like I said before, how do we support the series if you keep canceling it's games Capcom? :/ This is really disappointing news. I was looking forward to the game a lot. I even played through and finished Megaman Legends 1. :(

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Capcom just trolled all of its Mega Man fans, but especially those who actively participated in the devroom. Here they thought they were making a difference...

Kidtendo

Kidtendo said:

That's Horrible, wat was the point of wasting the fans time if all they were going to do is cancel it. Capcom sure knows how to disappoint someone.

Scrent

Scrent said:

I guess Inafune was really the one making things running at capcom. Now that he's not there, there's no one to pull some tricks on those shareholders...

Wolfenstein83

Wolfenstein83 said:

Wow, this is terrible news, I mean come on now.
I guess they need new management.
I don't even know what else to say about this.
Being a fan myself, thanks alot Capcom, for nothing.
Me and other people used to be like, imagine if there were another sequel to that awesome game, Mega Man Legends.
Then the news comes that there is one in the works, and the fans were having some input, and now nothing.
What the heck is going on!?

tweet75

tweet75 said:

good i really dont think any mega man can become successful anymore unless it is a continuation of the original series

Noire

Noire said:

This is a thousand times worse than Nintendo refusing to localize the Last Story/Xenoblade/Pandora's Tower. Maybe that's fangirlish of me, but damn, anyone who really wants those games has a legitimate chance at getting them. This, a game a whole effing lot of people have waited a decade to play, a game with such a unique fan-assisted development run, something ACTUALLY ORIGINAL for the 3DS, and above all, a new Mega Man game when NOTHING else related to the Blue Bomber is coming out, this will never see the light of day in any foreseeable future. And that is truly disgraceful. Way to get everyone's hopes up and then spit in their faces, Capcom. Disgusting.

MAddogz

MAddogz said:

Interesting that the COO of Capcom, David Keeves, was the former COO of Sony and has no games in development for WiiU and cancels a 3DS game...

Teh-Ray

Teh-Ray said:

Someone needs to make a "Mega Man Cycle" picture similar to the Sonic Cycle, just in case any other Mega Man games are announced, then canned.

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

Horrible news yet, this is beginning to seem common place... These companies need to get it together.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

Here we go with the "Vita's looking more and more great" thing again. And from the mods here no less! Classy! It's not going to be coming to Sony either, guys. Hate to disappoint you...

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Good, I never really liked the Mega Man Legend series anyways as long as we still get Resident Evil: Revelation.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I doubt Revelations will be cancelled since they've already released the trailer on the 3DS. It's pretty far along in development.

C-195

C-195 said:

First you don't localize AA: Investigations 2, NOW you cancel Mega Man?!
Not cool Capcom, not cool!

PuppetMasterIX

PuppetMasterIX said:

Here I was...
Here I was hoping that Capcom could redeem themselves after constantly re-releasing the same games over and over again. Here I was thinking they could make up for being DLC whores for a game that technically had the DLC characters on the disc. Here I was predicting they would justify the cancellation of Mega Man Universe in some way. Here I was assuming they would provide gamers with a truly fresh experience that isn't just a rehash of an extra mode in a console game.

But when they cancelled this game, one that many people wanted to see the light of day, poured their ideas and support into, and waited over a decade for its highly anticipated release, I officially lost all hope in Capcom.

Capcom, I think the best way I can describe you at this point is the new Rareware: The company that dominated the industry in terms of gameplay and creativity, but over time sunk into a new low by disrespecting their fans, making a quick buck, and refusing to put any form of effort into producing anything even remotely refreshing. Put bluntly, f*ck you.

JeanLuc_Vaycard

JeanLuc_Vaycard said:

Really disappointed with this. Was ready to buy the prototype and everything. Hate to say, but at the moment there isn't much to look forward to on the 3DS except first party Nintendo games. This news really ruined my day.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

I never really cared for the Legends franchise, and to be honest based on what was shown didn't look too hot....Now if they announced Mega Man 11 and then canceled it, I'd be crying streams of rainbow juice.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Capcom is nothing more than Judas, they can take their pieces of silver and go.

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

Oh well, maybe they'll resurrect this game later on....I haven't played Mega Man Legends anyway, so I don't have a frame of reference (I was looking forward to this, no doubt, but still...)

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

Whats with all the cancellations and delays? Seriously this is some crap. If I don't get KH3D, I'm throwing my 3DS away. It's going in the trash. Because I'm tired of being jerked around and having my feelings played with and nobody wants that either. 250 is too much money for an emotional roller coaster. The DS had a crapload of shovelware but there were at least games to play. Its a damn shame that I've only enjoyed a single game ever since I bought my 3DS. Nintendo's market strategy is horrendous and I'm in an uproar. And while yeah, this is Capcom's issue, its making me angry at the lack of software on my 3DS. No more guesses, no more rumors, no more delays, no more hints. I want to play some damn games and if that's too much for them to handle, I can take my hard earned cash elsewhere. AMERICA.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

A shame. I had high hopes for the game. It looked like it could become a favourite of mine.
How about at least bringing Legends and Legends 2 to the 3DS, see how well they do and then decide if there really is no chance for Legends 3 to shine ?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@timp29: i think Capcom has fairly earned them. eff this, MML3 was something i was really, really looking forward to, even if all we got was the prototype... :(

bub166

bub166 said:

I have played very little Mega Man in my time, which is a shame, I admit. I was getting really excited about this game, though. I was on the fence about getting a 3DS this year or not, but that made the decision easier. :/

Atleast now I'll have more money for that SNES I'm gonna buy.

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

2011 is just good games taunting people.

Oh you want localized RPGs? Oh you want sequels that aren't in it exclusively for the money? WELL SCREW YOU, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Cripes! Nintendo, Squeenix, Konami and Capcom are in a fatal-four-way race to decide who can disappoint and tick me off (since we're watching our language) the most. And so far, it's a neck and neck race, too close to call!

With the exception of a VERY few bright spots, this has been one utterly lousy year to be a Nintendo fan/system owner. The worst that I can remember (I've been a Nintendo loyalist since 1987). And in a year with a new handheld and announced new console, no less! One disappointment/aggravation after another from Nintendo and third parties.

I'm going into hibernation. Someone wake me up in mid-2012 (assuming the world is still here), when Wii U is out and 3DS has a decent library consisting of something notable besides remakes.

DangerousDreams

DangerousDreams said:

This is seriously disappointing news. Here i was, waiting for MML3 to be released to purchase my 3DS.

To anyone who is upset about Mega Man Legends 3 being canceled, we should start a petition to bring back its development. At the very least, we'll make Capcom aware of all the potential money it's missing out on.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

wait and see, MML3 will end up on vita as an exclusive instead.
ifnot, all those good ideas that fans submitted will end up being used in other games, and not crediting people for them.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Capcom has a reputation to uphold. If the game was really bad or had other technical issues that they decided not to release it, it was probably with good reason. Would you rather they cancel the project or go ahead and release a shovel-worthy megaman full of ****? Releasing the game would probably cause a thousand times as much criticism. :P

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

This probably has more to do with the 3DS not selling as well as expected. Capcom may be hesitant to support the 3DS at this time until the system becomes more successful. I wouldn't be too surprised if there are more game cancelations from other 3rd party developers in the near future. Whether you were looking forward to this game or not, this is a major blow to the 3DS. I just hope that this is not a sign of ominous things to come.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Absolutely ridiculous. Complete waste of $250. And I expect the Wii U to be even worse. Nintendo really is on a roll lately. I don't want to hear about how it's a Capcom game either. Enough of the bs excuses, when so many games are cancelled for a system the maker is as much to blame as anybody as well. There's no doubt in my mind that slow sales probably have led to most of the cancellations including this one. And sales wouldn't be so putrid if this system were advertised better, priced better and launched better. There is no excuse for the halfassed launch lineup and incomplete hardware. I should've learned my lesson long ago not to buy systems at launch but I went ahead and did so anyway. Will not be making that mistake again with future Nintendo products. In fact, I may not even bother buying another Nintendo console again the way the company's been acting lately, especially the pathetic American branch.

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

3ds is system with so much potential but due to lack of games at right time probably wont be as successful as it should be. I dunno why is everything going wrong.. Was it because some info about this system escaped last year and everything was rushed ? About this game.. I agree with StarDust.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Capcom, you've been a major disappointment lately. First you don't allow file deletion in RE:TM, and now THIS?

yoyo1212

yoyo1212 said:

why capcom just why i wanted this game :( it was looking good so why cancell it i love mega man legends :( im going to cry now

SuperSpank

SuperSpank said:

SHAME ON YOU CAPCOM! SHAME!
What's the next dissapointment? Well, Layton Vs. Wright Will either be canceled, or not localized. Good job Capcom. GOOD JOB.

Link79

Link79 said:

Can't wait until they announce Mega man 11 then pull it right out from under us.
All they have left is Zombies and fighting games.
This company might as well go bankrupt like so many others lately.

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron said:

People, just face the truth, Capcom hates Nintendo, that's why there will never, ever, be a Capcom rep in the next Smash Bros. First they decided to don't localize GK2, now cancell this one, what's next, cancell Gyakuten vs Layton? Shame on You Capcom!

Dynetheous

Dynetheous said:

now that they have more time on their hands... they should start working on monster hunter for 3ds

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Maybe if the system was selling this game, along with several others, wouldn't have been cancelled. I'm not going to give Capcom a pass because the way they just wasted the fans' time is despicable but the 3DS has been a major flop so far because of some very stupid decision making by Nintendo.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Capcom has really been dropping the ball as of late. First they screw up RE: Merc with the ":You can't delete your save data ever!:" and now they pull the rug out from under all the diehard MM fans. Not cool, Capcom....NOT COOL!

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

I am going to say this again, people we should boycott all of Capcom's other 3DS game and give them bad reviews like the ones for Resident Evil.

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

I feel like I just got blasted in the face with a mega buster.

It burns. Thanks Capcom, you burned me.

@skyotek That scene from WWatCF always kinda freaked me out, but then I watched it here, I cracked up so much, realizing it was now being used in the perfect situation for it.

pixelman

pixelman said:

YES! Maybe this will free up some money for Monster Hunter 3D.

...

I kid, I kid. Please don't kill me.

Scarkaiser

Scarkaiser said:

I am so glad I didn't buy a 3DS. Things like this are exactly why I held off on getting one. Maybe in 2-3 years there will actually be enough good games on the market to justify a purchase.

Monsti

Monsti said:

I was already sad about MM Universe being canceled, but this is worse....I feel 3rd parties already gave up on the 3DS...

Samholy

Samholy said:

oh man. i was waiting for this one so much.
huge disapointment. the beta would have been a unique gaming experience.
and a full retail legend game would have been a superior gaming experience
!
capcom missed something there... lets hope they wont screw with us again with monster hunter.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

I'm more than shocked if anything. I even had to check the date to make sure it wasn't April Fools. I'm SOOO glad I didn't buy the 3DS at launch or at all. :D

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Just to note, at lot of games never make it out to retail. This happens for every systems.
8 games being canned isn't unusual.

I will note that because of what THIS game is, people are upset, but I also think because the 3DS is still starved for software that 8 games canned SEEMS like a high amount.

All I can say it. Early adopters of Nintendo systems. Fool you once, shame on Nintendo. You know how the rest goes. Just think about it when the Wii U comes out.

Blaze

Blaze said:

................ Why do I feel the 3DS E-Shop will become a failure similar to the DSi Shop? THIS!!!

Ryno

Ryno said:

Good, now Capcom can focus their energy on a 4th entry into the Gargoyle's Quest series they have not announced or have any plans for :D

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

if revelations got dropped that would be real bad but its a sure fire hit like monster hunter will be when they get round to it cant imagine a world with a bankrupt capcom and no resi evil games.would be a nightmare

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

I think Capcom has a grudge against Megaman. I mean first the announce that they weren't putting him in MvsC3 because "he doesn't bring anything new to the game," even though every character's attacks were almost identical to their attacks in MvsC2. Then they cancel Megaman Universe, and now they cancel this.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

I get the feeling the Vita will experience this as well. As Hardy said, this is nothing new

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Hardy83: It's not about Nintendo and how many decent games are out for the 3DS or are coming down the line... it's the fact that there was so much in the way of getting the community involved in the project — the devroom stuff and everything over at Capcom Unity — and now all that's all been tossed aside like it was nothing. This is a 'fool me once' for Capcom, not Nintendo.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@dragon: 'Tis true. I'm angry about all of this and I don't even care for Mega Man. That's like shoving some...cow pies into your fans' faces after promising something big :O

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

Man, thats some bad news. Kinda lookin forward to MML3. I have never played a Legend game before. Hopefully in the near future Cap will still make Megaman games and release Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@shonenjump86: Sorry to disappoint, but Capcom stated they're not releasing AAI2 in the west due to high translation costs (or some other BS)

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

@ Gadjiltron They also cancelled "Mega Man Universe" for PS3 and Xbox 360 too, does that mean they also hate Sony and Microsoft too? Don't conclude what you don't know, Capcom simply canned it cuz they don't know what else to do with those game, not that they hate Nintendo, Sony and/or Microsoft.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Ever since Inafune left, they dropped Megaman Universe and MML3.

Really sad, indeed.

I honestly don't see how this has anything to do with Sony or Nintendo as people bring up. Capcom pulled the plug. Not Nintendo.

I would hope that they revive these two phenomenal projects. Then again, Inafune was the reason why MML3 was happening. This just sucks.

@Hardy
Well, I have 21 games on my list for 3DS, so... Nintendo hasn't fooled me :P
And I'll be getting the WiiU day 1. I'm game.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

And another one bites the dust. These third party companies are just dropping like flies. Will we ever see any decent Third party games? Just you wait, in another week Kingdom Hearts 3D will be cancelled as well. Anyway, I'm never buying anything from Crapcom again.

siavm

siavm said:

@Corbs
How can you say that when capcom canceled megaman universe? Why are you fanboying and instigating things?

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

No Edgeworth 2 for the U.S. pissed me off (high translations costs my donkey), but they're up and cancelling MML3? Go screw yourselves Capcom!

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

On the one hand, this news is lightning out of a blue sky and I feel terrible for all the fans who were excited for this game, especially those who had a hand in developing it to the state that it reached.

On the other hand, the abrupt halting of projects with so much care and promise behind them is just as much a part of game development as seeing them fully developed and released (that's what a professor in Game Design at RIT told me, anyway). It's only natural to feel disappointed, but to react by cursing out Capcom and their practices is downright immature if you ask me. Besides, there are probably plenty of people at their offices getting migraines over this to begin with.

I'm happy that Capcom decided to try making a game with as much fan input as this one had, and I can only hope that fans and corporate development studios alike don't decide to shelf the idea of such an undertaking after this.

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

shrugs Oh well. I'm happy for the dev team that they were so involved with fans this time around, so they share our pain, but I wasn't really interested in the project since I don't really care for the Legends series. I was glad when MMU got cancelled since it was a terrible idea in the first place, but Legends 3 getting cancelled is a HUGE disappointment for those fans out there.
hands out cookies

Noire

Noire said:

Man, and when I woke up today I was hoping this was all just a bad dream ... it's really happening, isn't it. ;___;

yoyo1212

yoyo1212 said:

i wish i never had got a 3DS that psp2 is looking good the games for it looks fun too

Henmii

Henmii said:

"Mega Man Legends 3 Cancelled"

Whaaaaaaat!!! My jaw is really on the floor!

Oh man, Capcom is really messing around at the moment, if Nintendo platforms are concerned. What's going on guys?

And yeah, the 3DS becomes less and less attractive by the day!

"Capcom making the fans aware of this project made them think that MML3 would definitely happen, that the prototype version would definitely be released"

There is a good piece of footage from the prototype on Youtube, and to my knowledge the uploader actually downloaded it in the Japanese e-shop. Not only that, but he also said it was more of a prequel. Was he only one of the few people who got acces to the download?

Update: I am wrong. The footage comes from a live-stream apparently. Here is the link to the footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M&feature=related

Cipher

Cipher said:

Capcom's first mistake was to let the fans have a say in this for two reasons. First, I don't think they anticipated the sheer level of interest that the project would bring to the Devroom and it became impossible for the game to go ahead.

Second, I'm willing to bet that a considerable number of games - including major titles - are pitched and never see the light of day, which is what happened with MML3. Capcom making the fans aware of this project made them think that MML3 would definitely happen, that the prototype version would definitely be released. Capcom themselves stated several times that this project had not been greenlit, giving anyone who wasn't happy with that fact the opportunity to take a step back.

Capcom shouldn't have given the fans free roam over this project and I'm now a tad concerned for the company, mainly because of the frankly unprecedented backlash they've received over on the Devroom. I'm not really sure what to think, but I half expect it all to blow over in a few days' time - at least, I hope it does.

Peznaze

Peznaze said:

This is what happens when they value money over fan service. MML3 wasn't going to be very profitable, if at all, but fans love it. They'd rather make more money. In this economy, I can't blame them. I just hope they don't waste money filing injunctions against the inevitable fan-made Legends 3. :P

Noire

Noire said:

gives dragon a hug

I wish I knew if there was a way to turn this all around, but the way they canceled it without even releasing the Prototype makes me feel like there's nothing to be done.

As a life-long Mega Man fan, one who sat behind her SNES and played Mega Man X to death, who at school lunches would stick her lunchbox on the end of her arm and pretend it was a Mega Buster, who at this point owns nearly every side-scrolling Mega Man game to be had and has beaten most of them several times, I am severely disappointed right now. To see one of my heroes be treated like this makes me sick, and right now I'm not sure if I ever want to support Capcom anymore right now, if this is the kind of bulls**t they're gonna give us.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

...
What the did I just read?
I was really looking for that Prototype version, and if it was good I would have bought the actual game. Cancelling MML3 just reminds me more about the fact that there are no NEW 3DS games coming out until the end of the year (sorry Star Fox, but I bought you for ten euros from the Wii Shop).

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

@114, lolno. I don't know too much about the Devroom personally and I'm not one to trust fans all the time.

I'll ignore how much of a wonderful change of pace this was and how glad I was to see a major gaming company willing to let fans involved in such a way, that I would love to see become a more regular thing for major projects btw.

But, do you honestly believe for a second that fans were the only ones with any say in this game? I can't believe they would be that stupid, because you kinda can't do that. Contradicting ideas is the norm for fanbases. They clearly had a lot to say but if lots of money or common sense got in the way, they wouldn't agree to do that just for fans, that would be insane. That couldn't have happened so you have to be wrong.

Ryon

Ryon said:

capcom would rather spend money on half assed products than to actually put WORK into 1 great game.

I dont like megaman games to be honest, but i would definately have bought this.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

As a fan of the original two game, I'm very sad to hear this news. I read this news this morning and it put a dampener on my whole day.

It just really shocks me that Capcom would get so much fan involvement/excitement and then drop the project completely. They should at least polish up what they've got and release it, or run the risk of fans never trusting the company if they try to pull in fan feedback for another project again.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

@ Cipher You sir are correct (your second point is correct), remember 2009, Capcom announced at Sony's press conference that a new original Resident Evil game was gonna be release for the PSP in 2010. It's 2011 now, the game never made it to development. No news, betas, screenshots, teasers, or trailers were ever found for the game. Some gamers conclude that Capcom simply backstabbed PSP fans and immediately re-planned the game for 3DS instead, some believe that maybe Resident Evil: Revelation for 3DS was intend to be Resident Evil Portable before the reveal of the 3DS. Capcom had no say to that.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Yeah, Capcom was my favorite company until yesterday...this really bites. I loved the original 2 legends and really wanted the sequel to happen. Not to mention all the other crap they're pulling...this better just be a trollish stunt they're pulling to drum up interest in the project and they'll start it up again, or else I'll never be able to forgive them for this. I'd like to say that I'll never be buying from Capcom again, but so long as their fighting games keep going, that's not gonna happen. Still, those might be the only franchises I'll be able to support.

Glade

Glade said:

Great.... Capcom really know how to waste people's time. I'm really dissapointed and sorry fro all the fans who put effort in the devroom. Even the prototype version was looking awesome and would have been a day one buy for me. Well like I've said before, if they don't want to bring something out that's awesome then I'll go to the next best alternative (aka another game from another company) :) But seriously, This Sucks in more way than one :(

Nintendork

Nintendork said:

I really want to know what this certain "criteria" is. This looked like one of the most promising original games for the 3DS. The entire system still doesn't have much of anything worthwhile to offer, and this could have really helped. What happened to you, Capcom?

Retrogamer88

Retrogamer88 said:

great job capcom! your awsome! people just love waiting for games to come out that are decades over due and then cancelling them and all the people that went to the dev room and took time out of there lives to put input into somthing that was going to be special and original(which is somthing capcom is lacking these day),i am almost on the verge of not buying from them again because of this BS,and i also feel a bit the same about nintendo these day with them acting like the wii is dead and not bringing xenoblade,last story and pandoras tower to the states,whats up with game companies these days? its like they could care less about the fans and it almost seems like they only care about money and saving a buck,it may be along time until i can forgive capcom and nintendo for all the BS they have been pulling laitly or if can ever forgive these SOB's,and dont tell me they didnt release the game on the 3DS because its not sell well when we all know perfectly well that mega man legends 3 would get more ppl to play 3DS,so all i can say to rap up my ranting is that capcom and nintendo better get there S#%T together soon because all we will have to play on the wii will be skyward sword and the new kirby and they better not pull this again on the Wii U eather, so F#%K YOU capcom and nintendo!!

Henmii

Henmii said:

They probably thought: "Oh, we can't pull the "eternal save-file" crap we did with Resident Evil. Hmmm, then there's no reason for us to finish the game!"

Glade

Glade said:

What to spent money on in the eShop now??? Most of the titles don't seem to be worth the price...

Raventheblack

Raventheblack said:

I think capcom has its own agenda to kill off megaman since i strongly beleive its hate towards kenji inafune leaving the company and the choice to not include megaman in marvel vs capcom 3,I thought about this long and hard and ive come to the conclusion that even if megaman legends 3 comes out its gonna suck for the specific reason capcom will half ass the game and because the feelings of their hate towards kenji infanfune will alter the game drastically,additionally due to their recent blunder on the save issue of thier new resident evil game sales of the 3ds have dropped considerably even moreso now since games like this are being cancelled(Also i'm gonna point out the price of the 3ds has dropped oddly just around the time it was announced this game was cancelled),reviving megaman thus may end hurting him worst off then as he was 10 years ago,it is my suggestion with this in mind that fans should reach out to a new game company to revive the project,some of you may start asking who my suggestions are either atlus or konami,konami has a good experince in side-scrollers like castlevania which would be perfect for the traditional megaman games,for the humor and otaku style however atlus with its disgaea perks would be perfect,i know a lot of people are gonna put me down on this but i just dont have confidence in capcom anymore,which is now dubbed crapcom,to say the least i wont be buying a nintendo 3ds theres nothing on it cept zelda and thats another remake remake remake i can play that on my 64 and gamecube.