Kid Icarus Definitely Slips to 2012 in Europe

Posted by James Newton

Still on course for 2011 elsewhere

Just as we reported three weeks ago, flagship 3DS title Kid Icarus: Uprising has overshot and will reach Europe in early 2012.

The most up-to-date Nintendo release schedule pegs Project Sora's first 3DS game for the first quarter of calendar year 2012, so Pit should shoot in any time between January and March next year.

The game is scheduled for a holiday release in North America.

We played Pit's 3D resurrection recently, so check out our Kid Icarus: Uprising preview.

Olaf-symbiote

Olaf-symbiote said:

Oh no, this'll end up just like the EU version of Kirby's Epic Yarn. Expect Pit's voice to be changed into a stereotypical British voice, just like the narrator in Kirby's Yarn...

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Don't mind. There are to many games coming out at the end of the year. So it's good that they spread it out more.

Stine

Stine said:

Super Mario and Mario Kart are enough for the end of the year IMO. It'll be great having this to wait for after Christmas.

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

Bacon_Gal_Blaze said:

Ah well, I suppose we have other stuff to keep us entertained until then, although I don't see why America should get it first. Still, Mario Kart, Super Mario, it's not like it's bad in comparison to the launch until now.

C-195

C-195 said:

Games are getting delayed left, right and center these days.... :(

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

there was a major earthquake and a bit of a nuclear meltdown im guessing that didnt motivate them coupled with crippling recession got to roll with the punches

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Oh, well, that's too bad for them. It wouldn't be a total loss since they will still get to play Mario and Mario Kart this year. I just don't want Kid Icarus: Uprising to sell poorly over there like Kirby's Epic Yarn did. And the launch celebration needs to be better too, not just a simple table with simple Kid Icarus decorations!

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

I just can't make myself excited for this one. It's... kind of neat, I guess, but somehow it just looks overwhelmingly corny (Pit in particular is just an awful character in my mind, apologies to any fans) and not particularly original.

ToadFan

ToadFan said:

Insta-Buy for me this Christmas along with my Flare Red 3DS.

But no offense but this is just one game delay for Europe compared to NA who doesn't get a lot of good games compared to Europe all-together so..,

Tare

Tare said:

@4
I'd buy it if he had a stereotypical british voice, I think Britains awesome!
I'd rather have that as opposed to some, awkward, nearly pre-pubecent voice we're gonna get.

@13
I'd have to agree with you. I think most of the 'fans' of the original didn't even have an NES when they were kids.

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

Nintendo - this is why the 3DS is selling so badly. This needed to be a launch game, along with Starfox and Zelda. If these games weren't ready at the time, perhaps it was the wrong time to release the system?

Still, I can't say I'm too bothered as long as we still get Mario Kart and Mario Land this year. Delay those, and you're basically telling me to sell the god damn thing.

dimi

dimi said:

Anyone else find pit's voice annoying? I know he's a kid and all but still...I would prefer japanese voice over

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Who cares? This'll probably suck anyway. Japanese developers - especially Nintendo aligned ones - aren't the based at making third person, arena-based shooters. Especially with sh*tty touch screen controls.

You guys also got Xenoblade. You win:) At the end of the day, Kid Icarus will mostly likely end as a disappointment. But Xenoblade is pretty acclaimed already, and will only be well-received once it hits Europe. You guys are golden.

cheetahs

cheetahs said:

dimi, I do, I thought in SSBB his voice was better, but going by the voice I've heard...

Henmii

Henmii said:

It's a pity, because the game will most definitely fail sales-wise. It should be released during holiday!