Hopes for CRUSH3D to Launch This Year Have Been Crushed

Posted by Trevor Chan

SEGA announces new release date

Brighton-based Zoë Mode studio head Paul Mottram recently pointed to the lower-than-expected success of the 3DS as the reason for pushing back the release of the studio's upcoming puzzle game CRUSH3D. Now publisher SEGA has stepped in and announced the revised European release date.

CRUSH3D has now been scheduled with a release date of 17th February, 2012. Five months after its initial release was planned for September this year, the puzzle game that blends 2D and 3D elements together will now launch close to the end of the 3DS's first fiscal year on the market.

While it's understandable for developers and publishers to be weary of a less-than-desired installed user base prior to their games' release, we can't help but think that maybe consumers will buy more consoles if the games are actually on the market when ready.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

That's an incredibly ugly main character, and it doesn't fit with the backdrop at all.

Was I to understand that this series has been reviewed favorably in the past? It sure looks like a mess... sort of Bplus-ish in design, if you know what I mean.

Cipher

Cipher said:

A shame, I was looking forward to this. Still, it cuts down my list for the end of the year, I suppose. :P

andyutd97

andyutd97 said:

Damn. Ah well I have to many 3DS games on my list. My wallet should just about of recovered by then.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

This game doesn't interest but its original September release date made more sense as there wouldn't be as many good games for the console as there would be by February. Its been delayed for America too. source

Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift said:

@mariofanatic128: I think this was a good idea. All the games coming at the end of the year will probably sell more systems, and waiting until February means that they won't be competing with the likes of Super Mario 3D.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@Rift Maybe you're as the big releases will be out of the way. The reason I didn't think it was at first was because there wouldn't be as many good games to choose from.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

This game was always meh to me, it's a shame that Sega won't step up and release it sooner.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

This game does look pretty ugly. Most likely, I wouldn't get this if it released soon in the first place. Why does the main character in the screenshots look so.. bad? I'm sure it could be fun though.

moosa

moosa said:

Further proof that people in the industry have no idea how to sell games.
Look at the Wii: oodles of console sales and a wide-open software base during the first couple years just waiting for anyone with a real budget to sweep in and take over the market. Did it happen? No. Instead it was "we better just stick to shoveling out this casual bait."

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

The game is the exact same as the PSP version, stages and everything. Only a different art style and Streetpass support are the changes.

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

You delay a game because the console isn't selling. The console isn't selling because there are no games. The cycle of doom.