Get Up Close and Personal with Your Lover in Rune Factory 4

Posted by James Newton

See it all in 3D

Marvelous's popular marriage of farming and action RPG battling Rune Factory is coming to 3DS in the well-rounded form of Rune Factory 4. Whereas previous instalments have jumped you from the "we're in love" stage straight to "marriage, now", Rune Factory 4 wants to slow things down. It's been hurt, you know?

Before getting hitched, your character and partner can spend time just dating, doing romantic things like going fishing, playing piano and just having a chat. During these soppy scenes the game will zoom in on the 'action', letting you get a closer look at your beloved.

While we've heard nothing about a Western release of Rune Factory 4, Wii owners can enjoy a new slice of farming-and-fighting with Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny later this year.

[via siliconera.com]

Rocketship

Rocketship said:

After exhausting the supply of women in the real world, I think this is for me :)

All joking aside, it does look like a fairly interesting and time consuming game, will look out for :P

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

Eh, didn't like the DS rune factory 1/2. (Bought them at the same time, mistake :( ) I liked rune factory frontier though, so I might have to get Tides of Destiny...

Dynetheous

Dynetheous said:

i love these games, i just never had time to sit down and play for a long time , i was to busy to be involved with an in depth game like this

Bankai

Bankai said:

Finally the game for me for 3DS. At least until Harvest Moon 3DS.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I don't care for Rune factory but before I saw the full title and the picture, I saw persona, 4 and 3D and got excited. :(

therick112

therick112 said:

I'm thinking of selling all my Harvest Moon games, they bore me now compared to Rune Factory. Can't wait!

Bankai

Bankai said:

Oregano - yeah, probably. The Japanese should be at about my comfort level.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

....I'm probably missing something here, so....what is Rune Factory exactly? RPG? (I hope)

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Well I never played that before either, from th shots and whatnot I see for that game, it looks like all you do is farm and stuff...

James

James said:

You farm then go out and kill things. Then you farm some more. If you want you can get married. Then, farming.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

wow i might actually be able to afford this one lol. The one for Wii is going for such a high price O.o

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

I've been wanting to try out Rune Factory, maybe this will be the one.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

That sounds intriguing and all... but wouldn't you rather do that in the REAL WORLD rather than in a game? :/

I mean, what's the point of looking at your avatar flirting with an opposite-sex group of pixels? It just seems strange to me imo.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I like the people who seem to take gaming dating as a replacement of real-life dating and then complain about it. Probably says more about them than it does about the game :P

As much as I'm aware that there are games out there for that very purpose - they are called dating games for a reason - Rune Factory isn't one of them.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

"Nice set of pixels you have there, baby"! So smexy, LOL! Wish Lightning & Lulu (FFX) Were my pixlated lovers I could fish & have activities with!

JimmyWhale

JimmyWhale said:

@26 Play a Harvest Moon game, you'll understand :P besides, the whole game isn't a dating sim

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

Looks good, I haven't tried a Rune Factory game yet but looks like the game has potential, will definitely keep an eye out for this one.

Mandoble

Mandoble said:

Dating is just an anecdotical side quest here or the main quest of the game??

Bankai

Bankai said:

Why are people making a big deal of the dating thing in this game? It's just one goal in the game, and it's not a "sim" by any means.