Capcom Could Show Wii U Creations at Tokyo Games Show

Posted by James Newton

Capcom COO cagey

The third party Wii U games video shown at E3 had plenty of talking heads, but not all of them had games to show off. Some big names weren't present at all however, with Capcom a notable absentee from the jollity. That could all change in September though, according to Capcom COO David Reeves.

In a recent interview with MEGamers, Reeves suggests the company may have something to show at Japan's big event in September

Capcom haven’t announced anything officially on Wii U. I think they have done prototypes. There are only so many things you can get ready for E3 [laughs]. But they might show something at the Tokyo Games Show which is where Wii U is more focused on. I haven’t seen anything personally myself but since the companies are quite close, I am sure they must be looking at something.

Let the rampant speculation begin.

[via tbreak.com]

Aviator

Aviator said:

Maybe with the success of SSF4 on the 3DS they'll bring either Street Fighter or Marvel vs Capcom to the WiiU. Though I am deep down hoping for Monster Hunter.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

lol here comes Super 'Duper' Street Fighter IV and a PS3 Port of the new Americanized Emo Abomination Devil May Cry with a Hud screen on the Wii U's controller screen.lol

Personally I'd love to see a new Power Stone, Zack & Wiki and a new original 3D Classic-like Mega Man title. Imagine playing in a 3D Bubble Man stage. B-)

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I wish Capcom would remember the Darkstalkers

They do. SFIV producer Ono wants to make a new game but isn't allowed by his bosses.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

I imagine Nintendo at this point is begging Capcom for a Monster Hunter launch game for the Wii U to cement the systems success in Japan.

irken004

irken004 said:

If anything, they may just hint at some projects that might make their way to WiiU. I highly doubt they would show any actual footage or anything :P

Moco_Loco

Moco_Loco said:

I think they should cancel them before the Tokyo Game Show is even over. Why wait?

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

they could be making a resi 1 connected to the new characters seen in revelations think that would be a bit too much on the ball at the mo but at some point

Ryno

Ryno said:

9. GreatManaTree 19 Jul 2011, 15:24 BST
New Okami, new Gouls 'n Ghosts, new Gargoyle's Quest....hmmm, i am curious now!

Agree with this.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

No offense, but I think Capcom's already shown that we can't really afford to get our hopes up about anything this early on. :/

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

After all this recent crap, there is going to be a huge angry mob at Capcom's booth.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Just announce stuff and then cancel it. That's a sure fire way to please your fans ;)

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Unless it's Monster Hunters or Darkstalkers, I don't see anything they put on the WiiU to be worth paying attention to.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

They better announce Monster Hunter, Tri is getting stale...even if it isn't for the Wii U, I don't care...just, give Nintendo more Monsters! xD

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Not holding my breath for anything spectacular from Capcom, nor my other two favorite third-parties, Square-Enix & Konami. I want to keep what few remaining brain cells I have. ;) NEVER FORGET they've essentially killed Mega Man!

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

I actually want to see the reaction of the crowd at their booth. I REALLY want a sequel to Little Nemo! :(

Noire

Noire said:

Don't think I'll be able to muster any excitement for anything of yours, Capcom, not even a Mega Man X9.

Incredible-JMAN

Incredible-JMAN said:

yeah, theyll probably get our hopes up with cool games, then a year later cancel it... >.< cough cough megaman legends 3,

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

After what Crapcom just pulled with MML 3 I don't know why anybody would give a damn about them anymore.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Better be Megaman, monster Hunter, DarkStalkers, or some really impressive new IP or I don't care. :I

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

No no no.

We have to see Viewtiful Joe 3 and Power Stone 3. You people are always talking about giant ugly monsters with hunters carrying weapons bigger and much more heavier than themselves (are they super human?!)

Power Stone 3 and VJ3 would make my day :)

SuperSonic

SuperSonic said:

Resident Evil Wii U?
Ace Attorney Wii U?
Something Else on Wii U?
What's Monster Hunter?

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Capcom could take, & make good on this opportunity to not disappoint. A WiiU exclusive, or 2 might be interesting.

Retrogamer88

Retrogamer88 said:

yeah i cant get excited for capcom games anymore because they just might cancel them for no reason and piss of fans,i just hope they make some more original games insted of cranking out the same street fighter and resident evil ect,
i would like to play:
breath of fire 6
a new gargoyels quest game
maybe a new rival schools game and power stone 3
and darkstalkers (because street fighter is getting boring for me now. . . and because darkstalkers is awsome)

Willerz