Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy Vanishes into the Crowd

Posted by Trevor Chan

Re-emerges in Revelations

That Ezio Auditore da Firenze sure knows how to disappear into the crowd. So well in fact, his skills at vanishing are spilling over to the status of the Assassin's Creed title that was planned for the 3DS.

Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy was originally planned for the 3DS but during an interview with Joystiq, Darby McDevitt ― who's served as a writer for Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, Assassin's Creed II: Discovery and the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Revelations for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 ― revealed that the 3DS instalment has been dropped and instead, absorbed into Revelations.

You may have heard of the game 'Lost Legacy' for the 3DS. It was announced, but that kind of morphed into [Assassin's Creed: Revelations]

McDevitt suggested that the story arc that was planned for Lost Legacy has been lifted and utilised in the upcoming Revelations.

Although this means we will no longer see Lost Legacy for the 3DS, we could still see an Assassin's Creed game for Nintendo's handheld yet. If one does materialise, it will likely contain a new and different narrative.

[via joystiq.com]

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

That's the original^^ Assassins Creed so unless they get really lazy I can't see them cancelling a port.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Disappointing. At least they brought 2 original DS titles. Hope they do the same for 3DS at some point.

y2josh

y2josh said:

I like Action/Adventure games, but I dislike the Assassin's Creed games I have played and found them boring.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

I don't see why Ubisoft just released this game as a third version if it's so similar to revelations. Ps3/360/3DS wouldn't it make them more money?

@koto Nintendo will never lose Ubisoft.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

I hope an Assassin's Creed game still comes to 3DS. Though that just ticks me off. The exact same thing happened to Saints Row: Drive-By.

Crunchy_in_milk

Crunchy_in_milk said:

Well that sucks, I don't really like the series but it would've been nice to have another strong third party title.

Moco_Loco

Moco_Loco said:

Whether or not I would have bought this title, it bugs me that the impressive list of titles announced for 3DS after E3 2010 seem to be slowly turning into vaporware. I know it was just a list of titles in development at that time, but that list is part of what got me excited for it.

On the other hand, the upcoming first-party line-up is impressive, and I'm at least intrigued by some of the third-party stuff coming up in the fall and winter.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Hopefully we'll see a proper Assassin's Creed game on the 3DS then, instead of a weird spin-off. Such a wonderful franchise.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I'm not sure if I'd label this as a disappointment for AC fans just yet. The story of the game just changed from the sound of it, meaning developers will just have to rethink the project.

With games like Ghost Recon, Rayman Origins, and Driver Renegade on 3DS, as well as Nintendo's new found devotion to 3rd parties (especially Ubi), I'm sure we'll see AC in some form sooner than later.

C-195

C-195 said:

oh yeh, I was wondering what had happened to this game.

What a shame.....

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

I was gonna complain but everything I've heard about the handheld Assassin's Creeds makes it obvious they aren't half as good as the console games so maybe this is a good thing.

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

Were the portable ones any good? I'm not asking that to be snark like, I'm actually asking that question....

capitalism

capitalism said:

It sounds like we'll just get Revelations on the 3DS, which isnt a bad thing as long as they give it some exclusive features. I really want a 3D Assasins Creed.

Ch3p3

Ch3p3 said:

If they are going to bring revelations to 3DS... well i think it we'll be nice to see a gameplay video, like MGS: SE3D... just saying