Zelda: Four Swords to Be a Free DSiWare Game in September

Posted by James Newton

Rejoice!

Nintendo just announced as part of its Zelda: 25th Anniversary package the release of Legend of Zelda: Four Swords for DSiWare in September this year.

The four-player game will be a free download to all DSiWare users, presumably meaning it'll be available for nothing in the 3DS eShop too.

Are you excited about playing more Zelda: Four Swords on DSiWare?

Despair1087

Despair1087 said:

im still pretty confused as to how dsiware will look on the 3DS screen. can you hold start and select to play it in its original resolution like DS games?

Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift said:

@2: That's what I've heard.

This is awesome! Is it the same as the GameCube version?

Dodger

Dodger said:

Sweet, I can play this with my sister or dad now. That will be cool.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

this might have been my favorite bit of news from the presentation, but slightly disappointed that it's not 3DSware

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

It will clearly be the GBA version, so it's cool but not the 4 Swords announcement I was looking for (WiiU!). However, the big questions are: local or wifi? and, new content or direct port?

xAlias

xAlias said:

haleloooya!

Now pleaase, announce single-download play with regular DS's, too!!

fishman100

fishman100 said:

YESYESYES

I hope the redesign the system so that you can connect locally or even play by yourself.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Is this the original Four swords or a new entry? Cool that it is free, though a strange choice that they chose DSiware over 3DSware. Hopefully you can also play it alone.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@revoc: no, they said free at the conference today. :3

that said, if they don't include a single-player option in this, please for the love of all that's holy, Nintendo, allow us to use wi-fi to find fellow players! i would love nothing more than to be able to play a game like this with friends, and I don't know anyone around with a DSi to play it with me :(

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Maybe I can challenge myself by downloading this on both my 3DS and DSi and playing 2 player by myself. O_o

GreenAbobo

GreenAbobo said:

No way will it have WiFi multiplayer. Nintendo doesn't typically like to do awesome things like that, especially for free.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

I 3rd the internet four player hopes. We could start NLife 4 swords clubs (because I cannot find 3 others to play with me). Internet+voice chat on a free game seems to be too much to ask for though.

TourianTourist

TourianTourist said:

@TeeJay:
doesn't work... I tried this with the original release and two GBAs... it's impossible to solve certain puzzles like pulling things from two different sides.

f3rnvnd0

f3rnvnd0 said:

i remeber playing this with my friends for hours, knowing this will be back with wireless fetures and free