Watch Nintendo's Vision for Wii U in HD Video

Posted by James Newton

New ideas unfold

The Wii U controller is brand new, but as the machine will interface with all existing Wii accessories and games Nintendo has wisely chosen to show off the controller's possibilities with what it could bring to Wii software.

The HD video below shows the ideas it could inject into Wii Sports, Wii Fit Plus and more, as well as unique software created exclusively for Wii U.

Tell us what you make of Nintendo's Wii U console in the comments section below.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

My mind was blown when I was watching this, because there is a lot of potential. It got my imagination going, but it must have really gotten the developers' creative juices flowing!

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Hmm, I wasn't all that impressed when I woke up this morning and read a few articles about it, but this video has me a little more excited. It'll be good to see what the devs can come up with!

LiamR

LiamR said:

@7 I think you need to look at this in context. If the console was launching this year, you'd have every right to be worried; but it's not. It's coming out the second half of 2012 and there's PLENTY of time for games to be made. What we saw yesterday was just an unveiling of the tech. Now's the time for developers to hop on board and start making games for it. This year was all conceptual, and by next year, we should be seeing some actual games for it.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Everything made sense except for the baseball demo. How in the heck does that work?

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

I'm still a little worried about what the price of this fancy new hardware will be. At any rate, that controller looks infinitely more attractive and usable than the mock-ups we were seeing on websites before E3.

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

I like the idea of streaming the game to the controller. I'm glad Nintendo is keeping the Mii's alive, and I definitely want to play Chas Mii.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Now only if all those possibilities get explored to a very decent extent.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I like how this take the Wii and expands on it even further AND is a new system altogether.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

@17 I was wandering that myself. The game was in HD soo i am wandering if there making the new Zelda game for Wii AND WiiU. Or it could be a new Zelda game for WiiU but idk.

JustanotherGamer

JustanotherGamer said:

If this controller works as well as it seems in the promotional video. If Nintendo and 3rd party developers are creative with the possible outcomes using this tablet controller. If Nintendo has decent on-line this time the yes the Wii U will be a huge suceess.

Or the Wii U ends up as the "Could've been console"

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

@Scrafty When pitching, you take aim with the new controller - you can see the catcher following your aim with his mitt. Then, control switches to the defensive player closest to the ball, where you look through a semitransparent glove in an attempt to catch the ball and get an out. That's what it looked like at least.