Ubisoft Announces Wii U Support with IPs Old and New

Posted by Trevor Chan

Are you ready?

Ubisoft has revealed a handful of titles it will be developing for the Nintendo Wii U. Along with some familiar franchises, the publisher has also announced that new IPs will be worked on for the system.

Gamers can look forward to popular franchises like Assassin's Creed, Rabbids and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online to hit the Wii U, but even more exciting is the impending arrival of two new franchises to Nintendo's new console.

First up is a new first-person shooter that's targeted at the hardcore demographic and one that's being developed exclusively for the Wii U. The second is a multi-sports game that the whole family can enjoy.

As soon as we hear more about these exciting titles, you'll read about them here at Nintendo Life.

Henmii

Henmii said:

I am hoping for Beyond good and evil 2. Ubisoft already said that it would skip current gen consoles. And it was already rumored for Nintendo's new console.

TrevorTheChan

TrevorTheChan said:

I see no reason why a Red Steel 3 won't happen somewhere further down the line, but regarding the titles that Ubisoft has announced, I must admit I'm only moderately excited. Assassin's Creed can get boring and repetitive, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online might be fun if a substantial online community emerges and the unnamed FPS might make good use of the Wii U features. Then again, it might not. We'll see.

phoenix1818

phoenix1818 said:

I'd like to see how Far Cry 3 would look on a Wii U...
That would truly test the power of Nintendo's new console.

JimLad

JimLad said:

Yes please give us Red Steel 3!
Take what you learned with RS2 and make a much bigger game, possibly with a vs/online mode.

Henmii

Henmii said:

"I'd like to see how Far Cry 3 would look on a Wii U..."

Yeah, but only if it isn't a weak port like Far cry on the wii!!

And I personally really don't need a new Red steel. Red steel 2 was extremely boring!