Ubisoft and Nintendo to Team Up for New 3DS Bundle

Posted by James Newton

Out in October

UK industry magazine MCV reports that Ubisoft and Nintendo will offer a 3DS hardware bundle in October this year.

The console will be available in Cosmos Black or Aqua Blue and come packed with Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D and Driver Renegade 3D. There's currently no price for the packages.

This isn't the first time Nintendo and Ubisoft have collaborated on hardware and software bundles; recently the black Wii was combined with top-selling title Just Dance 2 for a limited time.

Ubisoft's E3 press conference takes place on Monday 6th June at 2:30pm PST, 10:30pm UK time. Expect plenty more Nintendo news from the show then, including a new Raving Rabbids game and Rayman's return to 2D platforming in Rayman Origins.

[via mcvuk.com]

Related Games

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

WOW this is big news i think

nintendo really pushes the 3rd party support! i cant remember the last time a nintendo console has been bundled with a third party game !!! (or has it ever?)

maybe we will see a pricedrop the same time. from 250 to 200. i guess the bundle (2games) would be 300 then.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

A pretty solid marketing move. Not interested in the games myself, but it should help them appeal to the elusive "mature" audience.

@1
Guitar Hero: On Tour for DS.

Samholy

Samholy said:

a driver on 3DS ? very, VERY interesting.
i dont care about the bundle, i already rushed on it at launch !

Rathe

Rathe said:

@6ch6ris6: The last time Nintendo bundled a third party game with their console was mentioned in the article. Black Wii + Just Dance 2.

Skotski

Skotski said:

"and come packed with Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D "

...but didn't that get HORRIBLE reviews? :(

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

Ubisoft has gone downhill. They used to make some really great games. Also it's a good thing they added "Renegade" to the Driver series. It makes it sound tough. We'd all be considered wimps otherwise.

MadScientistMan

MadScientistMan said:

i dont really care about most of ubi's 3ds games(except for assassins creed lost legacy :) and cubic ninja :D) i would prefer a capcom bundle with mercinaries 3d and SSFIV3D

Arcanum

Arcanum said:

I want a monster Hunter Bundle with a Limited Edition MH 3DS..posibly with the MH logo on the 3DS would be great.

taffy

taffy said:

Would have been better to put Ghost Recon instead of Splinter Cell. Bit hesitant of UBI soft after their poor performance (quality wise) on the Wii and 3DS but the trailer for Renegade looks pretty mint!

Azikira

Azikira said:

Im very interested in Driver Renegade, but I already have a 3DS so i'll just get a standard copy.

Oregano

Oregano said:

They should make a Capcom bundle with Street Fighter and Resident Evil. I bet that'd sell!

Mars

Mars said:

@Oregano. I totally agree. Nintendo also needs to make a variety of bundles to get 3DS sales rolling (Zelda bundle, Kid Icarus bundle, Metal Gear Solid bundle, and Mario Kart, Mario 3DS, or genre bundles like fighting etc.)

Molotov

Molotov said:

"nintendo really pushes the 3rd party support! i cant remember the last time a nintendo console has been bundled with a third party game"
... ... ... ... Seriously??.... Its Right There In The 8th - 10th Line

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Another Driver... well, the games I have played of Driver weren't bad if not for trying to be slight knockoffs these days of GTA. It wouldn't make me buy a 3DS, and as always, I'll wait for a review-- I possibly could buy it, but others are first.

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

The only good Driver game that I've played was the original on the ps1. I'll echo what others have already said—teaming up with Capcom for bundles would be a much smarter move...

Nintendude92

Nintendude92 said:

Any Bundle will be good for the 3DS, but.. Don't you want to show off quality? I can't say much for Driver but Splinter cell leaves a lot to be desired

Henmii

Henmii said:

I could imagine better bundles, like a Street fighter 4 bundle for example. What's with all the Ubisoft talk, all of a sudden? Looks like Nintendo and Ubisoft really love each other. Why doesn't it show then in some awesome games? The first bunch of Ubisoft games on the 3DS are rubbish. Let's hope their next 3DS games are better, and that they also deliver some awesome Stream games!

"I thought the purpose of bundles was to entice people into buying them, not drive them away.:D"

Just what I was thinking!