Two Japanese Minutes of Star Fox 64 3D Video

Posted by James Newton

Barerurōru o okonaimasu

Star Fox 64 3D is out in Japan in a few weeks, and Nintendo is keen to let the public know about it with a new trailer for the game.

By now you likely know what to expect from Fox and team's next adventure: a reimagining of the N64 original (known as Lylat Wars in Europe), this new 3D version also boasts local multiplayer that streams video of your opponents' pained expression every time you shoot them down.

Star Fox 64 3D is out in North America on Sunday 11th September with a European date yet to be confirmed.

FEATURES:

• A complete graphical update brings a Nintendo classic into the era of portable 3D fun. The game makes effective use of the Nintendo 3DS system’s dual screens: The top screen features 3D aerial combat, while the bottom screen displays characters and dialogue.
  • There are two control methods for the player to experience. The Nintendo 64 Mode offers original controls, while the new Nintendo 3DS Mode uses the motion controls of the built-in Gyro Sensor of the Nintendo 3DS system.
  • Trusted wingmen Peppy, Slippy and Falco are along for the ride – if one of them is chased or captured by an enemy, players must act to protect them in order to keep their team strong.
  • Each mission takes players through a different planet of the Lylat system as they blast enemies, collect power-ups and fight powerful bosses on their way to the final battle.
  • A new multiplayer option lets up to four players engage in fierce aerial combat via a local wireless connection (using four systems and one game card via DS Download Play). The multiplayer mode also includes new power-ups and special weapons. Players can use the Nintendo 3DS system’s inner camera to display a live video feed of their faces as they battle, bringing a new level of fun and personalization to the multiplayer experience.

Portista

Portista said:

I wasn't able to watch the vid, but starfox dose look kool (look backwards is kool lol). I might get it if the review is good.

timp29

timp29 said:

I never played starfox on the 64... don't know how this one slipped past me, would have been amazing in its time. And in 3D... man this should be awesome.

3D is really making these old games come back to life with a vengeance :D

pikku

pikku said:

Are Japenese minutes different from everybody else's minutes? :O

iphys

iphys said:

Every time he said "Fox," I kept thinking I was hearing a four-letter word, lol.

jer18

jer18 said:

haha.. do a barrel roll!
I still have the map of turns and items on the final level to get to Andross.

@3 the game is still amazing and worth buying at the local game shop. It should be -$3.;

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

This is a really great game, but it doesn't look like much has been added to what you get on the VC release so far (It even has local mulitplayer, though I guess not this "new" mode). Unless they're adding new levels or something, I think I'll just stick with the VC game.

pikku

pikku said:

This video really doesn't do the graics justice at all. Go download the trailer from the eShop and behold for yourself the beauty that is StarFox 64 3D. :)

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

I have no need for local multiplayer. The only other physical person I know with a 3DS is my little cousin, and he is only interested in pokemon and sport games.

I WANT WI-FI MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gameday

Gameday said:

That independence level was always my favorite besides the land rover (tank) level always. Id like to see all the levels in 3d specially that under water level.