Nintendo Download: 30th June 2011 (Europe)

Posted by Zach Kaplan

A dreamy download

This week it's fairies, vampires and dreams on the European Nintendo Download, including the first outing of a famous and beloved mascot from the Big N. What games are you dreaming of downloading?

3DS Virtual Console

Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy, UK: £3.60, EU: €4) — Kirby floats onto the 3DS with his first dreamy adventure, from back when he was still just a little white puff. The ESRB has also rated this title, so expect it to hit the North American eShop soon as well. Find out if this is worth sucking up when we review it later this week.

DSiWare

A Fairy Tale (Lemon Team, 200pts) — We thought that this was a puzzle game with a happy ending when it released in North America back in April, and now it's coming out in Europe at a reduced price. Find out why we think you should play this once upon this Thursday in our A Fairy Tale review.

Successfully Learning German: Year 3 (Tivola, 500pts) — More portable education with Freddy the Vampire, we'll have a review for you soon.

WiiWare

Successfully Learning German: Year 3 (Tivola, 500pts) — Releasing alongside the DSiWare version, our review will soon let you know if you should give the home game a try.

Let us know which games you'll go to bed thinking about on Wednesday night below in the comments box.

Related Games

JusticeColde

JusticeColde said:

I see that there is no Wii VC this week for europe... I feel at least a little better about having no new Wii VC at all over here.

Punny

Punny said:

I hope Kirby will Warp Star his way into North America's Virtual Console this week, too. :)

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

I really hope we can get Kirby this Thursday as well! Nintendo needs to keep putting out top tier Gameboy games as long as they continue to not put out 3DS specific software.

sykotek

sykotek said:

"Not tryin to sound racist or nothin," but white Kirby... hmm...I dunno, it just seems kinda wrong.

(Don't take this seriously folks, just a joke, but after seeing Kirby as pink for so many years, does kinda make him look weird.)

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

@skyotek: Apparently it was changed to white because Nintendo felt like a pink puffball character might not do to well at that time. Mr. Sakurai was not pleased.

Link79

Link79 said:

I still like the original Gameboy Kirby better than any of the rest.
It was his first game ever and what a game it was!
A fantastic introduction to one of Nintendo's most beloved characters!
Please come to America this thursday Kirby!

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

@sjyotek: Ah, jokes don't translate well sometimes on the internet ;)
@Sherlock: I know right!? I'm gonna take a guess that we will see the first release of 3DS specific games the same week that Excitebike switches to a piece of pay software. IDK why, I just feel like that will be the start for some reason.

GumbyX84

GumbyX84 said:

Kirby?!? O_O
DAMN IT!!! I bought SML for nothing!! >.< Sorry but IMO Kirby is a much better platformer.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Wait. So NoE is showing what is coming Thursday ahead of time and NoA isn't?

/clap another great one by NoA.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

@6. sykotek,
@7. bboy2970:

Dudes, of course Kirby's gonna be white: it's a classic Game Boy game - it's limited to display in only four shades of grayscale monochome. Game Boy Color didn't come out until 1998!

Please bring us Kirby to N.A.!!! :D

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Nothing for me. Still have the original cardridge for Kirby's Dream Land. And that DSi Puzzler doesn't sound that exciting. No interest in Learning German either (I did that years ago in high school).

Kevin

Kevin said:

Isn't Kirby coming to the US Thurs. too? @12 SML is an excellent game. You should have no regrets.

justinr

justinr said:

Sorry, I'm so upset that we might not be getting Last Story, that further Euro-love just chafes like sand in my undies. **goes back to playing Ocarina**

NoA has lost focus.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Ooh, but I already own Kirby's Dream Land on cartridge, so there's not much incentive for me buying this.

Mizore

Mizore said:

To be honest I really thought I was ripped off when I bought Dreamland at a flea-market...not knowing it was really that short. xD

Lylat_64

Lylat_64 said:

Already got this on cartridge just like Mario Land, Donkey Kong and Link's Awakening which I've bought again on the 3DS, its nice just having them all together and not having to change cart.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Dream Land is the best Kirby game of all. Adventure comes close, but the level design and overall charm has just never been so tightly constructed as in the original.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Kiby's dream land is a good release for this week that I will get at some point but its ridiculous that there is nothing on wii vc for a third week in a row and nothing on 3DSware for two weeks in a row. America now have both Mega man x and Mega man 5 so why can't they release one of those instead of leaving us with just one wii vc game for this month. There are also loads of American catch-up wiiware games that they could release and surely there must be something to release for 3DSware. I hope next month is better than this month for wii vc, wiiware and 3DSware

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

Woooooooooo Hooooooooo!

I am sooooo happy

JaxxRaxor

JaxxRaxor said:

Huh I thought that Europe had the download shop at the same time as North America now (Thursday). Why do they get an update on Monday?

As Germany has the largest economy in the EU, seeing these learn German games seem kinda pointless. I mean don't you Brits (and other non-native German speaking nations) have to learn German in public school?

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

I'll be out of town until Friday, so I hope when I get home I am welcomed by Kirby on the US 3DS VC as well!

Dodger

Dodger said:

I'm guessing the US will get Kirby on Thursday also, the Europe releases are almost always posted first on this site. If not on Thursday then probably sometime in the next couple weeks.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Kirby is a fantastic addition to the 3DS Virtual Console. Hopefully, Kirby and Double Dragon will show up here in the US very soon.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

YES!!! This is what I was waiting for! Oh god I hope Kirby comes to America this thursday too! I'll gladly pay $4 for it! I need it! :D

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

@ChibiLink

It may have something to do with GST or sales tax or other taxes in the countries. Failing that they are using rates from a time when the US dollar was much stronger

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Isn't the first game in Kirby Super Star a colored, 16-bit, with more advanced stolen power movesets, remake of Kirby's Dreamland? Eh, I'll still get the original when it comes to North America, anyway.

Omega

Omega said:

WiiWare has been disappointing lately.

There's still no MotoHeroz, Snowpack Park, MDK2, Frobot, Liight, The Magic Obelisk, NightSky, Eduardo the Samurai Toaster, GhostSlayer, Doc Clock, Pole's Big Adventure, ShadowPlay, La-Mulana.

Also, I wonder what happens to the download service when the WiiU is released. Is this the end for the old Wii. Or will there be Wii compatible WiiWare and VC games also on the "next" Wiishop-Channel in the future?

Scottie

Scottie said:

Where is Mega Man 5 and Mega Man X then? We should have had a VC game last week (that was the scheduled one) so i guess our next one maybe the 07th July 2011 then or have they given up on the VC for the Wii already?

golephish

golephish said:

Hopefully Kirbs will come to US. @ TheAmazingRaccoon — "Kirbys dreamland was the first game I ever got with my own money and my first gameboy game." ME TOO!

jdkipfer

jdkipfer said:

I already have the original gameboy cart for Kirby, so I will hold off on that for now.

GumbyX84

GumbyX84 said:

@BulbasaurusRex Yes Kirby Dreamland is in Kirby Super Star Ultra. In the original KSS, it was only a few levels from the original, but in KSSU they added a second "game" that included the missing levels.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Nice, another mascot for GB in the eShop. C'mon Metroid II:RoS and KIoMaM!

dap594

dap594 said:

I had this game when i was younger. Oh the memories. Shame about the price tag.

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

I have the cart and a gameboy so I'll skip the 3DS VC this week. I'm still suprised with how poor these updates are overall, there is so little worth-while content added...

MadScientistMan

MadScientistMan said:

I might get Kirby, that is if I get a 3ds for my birthday tomorrow!!

Edit(30/06/11): i now have a 3ds, but i can't see kirby yet

Olaf-symbiote

Olaf-symbiote said:

Now, if they only released those fricking eshop prepaid cards in Europe. I've been hoping NOE's promise of prepaid cards at the end of June will become reality on Thursday. If not, eff you Nintendo of Europe ›:[ !

OrdonianLink

OrdonianLink said:

Kirbys Dream Land seems fun, that'll be my fourth Gameboy game on my 3DS, that is, If it comes to NA,

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

Great game, but doesn't come close to being worth £4, considering the type of games you can get on other services for that price.

Nice that we're at least getting a good game this week.. But at this rate it's going to take forever to get to the stuff we really want.

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

I'd download Kirby if the price wasn't so pathetic. Even the lower Game Boy price point of £2.70 would have been too much for a game with 5 levels.

BigBluePanda

BigBluePanda said:

They added a Pro Evo Soccer 2011 video.

...

Which isn't even gameplay footage. Just some footballers playing with their toys.

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

NoE have FINALLY confirmed we're getting 5 E3 trailers tomorrow and the other 5 next week. Also we get Xevious (3D Classics) and Marios Picross in July.

MrArkade

MrArkade said:

how different is this to spring breeze from kirby superstar because it looks pretty similar