Hideo Kojima Busy Getting Snake Eater 3D Ready for E3

Posted by Trevor Chan

Not without trouble from a bridge

E3 2011 is nearly upon us, and Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima is busy getting Konami's upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D ready for this year's expo extravaganza.

Kojima recently posted a few updates on his Japanese Twitter account, revealing that he has just finished checking through the playable demo of the game which will be showcased at E3. As translated by Andriasang, Kojima hints at what will be included in the demo, stating:

I at last crossed the suspension bridge using the gyro controls...

In a later tweet, Kojima spoke a little bit about the game's control scheme, saying that it's possible to change weapons simply by tapping the touch screen. Players will also be able to crouch walk too, making the art of sneaking around that much more convenient.

Although Kojima won't be going to E3, producer Yoshikazu Matsuhana will be there in attendance. Seems like Kojima's work is mainly being performed backstage, so to speak, as he's also been busy editing a Snake Eater 3D trailer to be shown at the expo.

As previously reported, Snake Eater 3D is scheduled for release by the end of the year.

[via twitter.com]

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Touch screen inventory and map = the future. I think the 3DS is making it where I'll never be able to put up with a separate, pause-requiring inventory, option, or map screen again. It's a good thing the rumors of Project Cafe indicate that this is the approach Nintendo hopes to bring into the living room as well.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

yeah the second screen really is a blessing for so many games.

no big HUDS on the main screen

pixelman

pixelman said:

I'm excited to see more of this. I've never played an MGS game before. :3

HiroshiYamauchi

HiroshiYamauchi said:

Yeah, the 3DS touchscreen will be mainly used for inventory, map and aditional button mapping. The upper screen being the only in 3D, the touchscreen focused games era has come to a end.

zionich

zionich said:

@warioswoods
This is why the rumors of the next Nintendo console excites me. I love having buttons and anolog, because they give resistance. I also like the touch interface and screen for the extras such as this and in OoT.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

ATTENTION!!!! this game is going to be awesome, but that's not what I came here to say. You don't have to wait till next week to see this game. Konami is holding it's own E3 conference waaaay ahead of everybody else...as in, tomorrow night at 8 p.m. Here's the link to the site and a countdown: http://www.konami.com/e3/. This will most certainly have gameplay vids and hands-on with every major Konami game as well as all their biggest top secret announcements. Considering next year is Snake's 25th anniversary. Expect something BIG

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Thank the lord above that they've implemented the crouch walk. After you play MGS4 with it, it's really a bummer to play the old games that don't have it.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

@Kid_A: Didn't MGS3, or even 2 for that matter, already have crouch walk? I somehow remember playing through most of the series crouched down.

Link79

Link79 said:

I hope this comes with some sort of bonus content. Like say The first two Msx Metal Gear games. Since they aren't being released on the American VC. Seems like a no brainer to me. They did it for Subsistance on PS2. Why not this version as well?

Rathe

Rathe said:

@JonWahlgren: No, the previous games did not include crouch-walk. You could crouch, but movement would automatically drop you down on your belly and you would be forced to crawl that way.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

@Rathe
And with MGS3, the really annoying this was that any time you crawled into tall grass the camera would automatically shift into first person, with no way of changing it. It's little things like these that, if fixed, will make this a really worthwhile remake. 3 is definitely my least-favorite of the series but with a touch more polish I can see it sneaking past at least the first in terms of quality.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

My mistake, I've been playing a lot of Peace Walker lately and crouch-walked through the whole game basically.

Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer said:

The crouch walk is really going to improve the game greatly, I'm interested to see what other new features might be added, maybe bring back the online mode from Subsistence? Co-op would be neat, but since the game was never built around that it might make things too easy.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

I still dont know how to manage this "touchscreen inventory on the fly" thingy without using my thumbs. But im pretty afraid of breaking or scratching my TS...

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I have yet to play a MGS title on a Nintendo console as I missed Twin Snakes, but this might be my first MGS. My motivation have started to move! :D

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

The lower screen being used everything BUT the main screen is the best thing to ever happen to DS type systems.

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

Ever since I played MGS 2, I've been wanting to play the rest of them, so this game is definitely on my to-buy list for when I have a 3DS...

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

The original and 4 blow this out of the water. But it's still nice to have one of the solids on a handheld.

Portista

Portista said:

...Why does the 3DS have a red depth slider?... IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Go Snake!

Ai64

Ai64 said:

I'm excited for snake eater 3D. I haven't own a metal gear soild game before too!

Muffin_Awesome

Muffin_Awesome said:

Please, please let there be aim down the sights, and please let there be metal gead online!!!! Anyone else? They had it in 3, 4, and peace walker, hopefully they can fit it on the card, umd from psp and 3ds cart size are similar in storage space, thoughts anyone?