Flipper 2 Trailer Released

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Don't forget to flush!

For those of you out there who've been anxiously awaiting news on Goodbye Galaxy Games' Flipper sequel, have we got some great news for you.

Developer Hugo Smits has just released the brand new trailer for Flipper 2: Flush the Goldfish and it's chock full of gameplay and wacky humor. Smits also promises more information in the coming weeks, along with a few other goodies.

Over the course of the following weeks I will reveal many of the new features that Flipper 2 has. For one, we made sure this game isn't as short as Flipper 1 was! There will also be contests with awesome prizes as well!

We'll keep you posted on any new information on Flipper 2 and of course we'll have a full review of the title shortly after its release.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

That looks insane yet awesome too. I don't see how this will be played with only one button though.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Check out One Button Bob. It should be similar to that.

Birdman

Birdman said:

@1 - That's what I was thinking as well, but from the trailer it looks like, in addition to the one-action button thing, there are some standard platformer controls (though not a jump). Care to confirm this, Hugo?

HugoSmits

HugoSmits said:

@Birdman13 :

Everything is done with only one button! it's similar to One Button Bob, but with much MUCH more actions, animations and details.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Pretty funny. It reminds me of a take on Earthworm Jim just with a fish :D

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm on this one on day one! Can't WAIT to take this baby for a spin. :D

motang

motang said:

Wow that's looks awesome, kinda reminds me a bit of Earthworm Jim. :)

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Can't see the video right now because my computers messed up. I will be getting this game though. Can't wait.

RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur said:

I really liked that trailer of Flipper 2. In fact I totally loved the music too.

@HugoSmits, will there be a Flipper 2 tie-in comic?

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Looks like a cross between Earthworm Jim and Warioland 4, with Tomena Sanner gameplay mixed in. Which is a good thing in my book. A very good thing.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I've never even played the first Flipper. I am guessing some people really enjoy it though?

Late

Late said:

I don't like the character's look and the animations seem a little "laggy" to me, like they wouldn't have enough frames for some things.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Looks a lot like Earthworm Jim to me, including the "it doesn't make sense" aspect.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

@12
I was thinking the same thing!
It looks great.
Sadly, The 3DS makes DSiware games, look burry.

HugoSmits

HugoSmits said:

@18

the gameplay footage was captured from an emulator. So that might explain the laggy part... on hardware it runs smoothly.

Flush alone has more than 200 frames of animation!

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Day one buy. I actually found One Button Bob boring, but Flipper was beyond fantastic, and way too short.

xVermicide

xVermicide said:

@HugoSmits
the framerate looks pretty bad. even worse than zenonia.
is this just a bad effect of the video? or does the game actually suffer from a horrible framerate?

HugoSmits

HugoSmits said:

@xVermicide:

framerate is a combo of my poor video edit skills and recording from a emulator on a not so good pc. Made some pretty bad choices there.

Will improve it in the next trailer...

the game runs silky smooth thourgh!