E3 2011: Corbie on the Show Floor - Day 2

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Drop it like it's hot

After the excitement of the first day of E3 there's still plenty to see and do in Los Angeles. Today Corbie will be pounding the floors of the Convention Centre to visit booths from Namco Bandai, NIS America, Warner Bros., Nintendo and more.

Keep this page open and Corbie will keep updating it with fresh information and opinions throughout the day.

Live Text - Updates will load here automatically, no need to refresh the page.

03:50

Got to play Cave Story 3D and holy sh*t did it look and play good. Went WAY beyond what I expected from it. That is one to keep your eyes on!

00:07

Sorry about the quality of the Wii U controller pic. I was trying to hold it and snap a pic of it with my iPhone. Too much at one time. LOL

00:03

BTW, for all you Xbox 360 owners out there, played Magical Drop V on XBLA and it was fantastic. Very reminiscent of the Neo Geo titles we have on the VC.

23:59

Alright I'm heading back to the LA Convention Center in about 20 minutes to check out and play Cave Story 3D. Impressions coming soon.

22:14

Played some Skyward Sword about 30 minutes ago and they've got that game really polished up and ready to roll. This might be the best 3D Zelda title of them all. A blast to play and very challenging.

22:13

@CorbieD: Got to play Kirby Wii and it was a gorgeous game and a lot of fun. It's a bit easy, like most Kirby games, but it has some great co-op multiplayer for four players. Controls are perfect!

22:12

@CorbieD: Just played Sonic Generations 3DS. Looks stunning and plays really well. Seems a bit like a cross between Colors and the old 16-bit games.

17:36

Another busy day of E3 lies ahead, with so much to see!

Late

Late said:

Their time and Finland's time doesn't fit too well. NL keeps updating when I sleep and then there's few pages of information when I wake up again tomorrow... I can stay awake for few hours but I'm so sleepy from yesterday, I could sleep only few hours, don't know why. Maybe I was too excited after watching E3.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

I've gotten little sleep ever since the eShop came out/excite! : D : D : D

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Namco? Hope they have Tekken 3D on display! :D I doubt it though. Also hope we get more awesome games announced at that meeting ballkirby mentioned.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

doesn't click link Ah, okies, I believe you. (I'm lazy, don't feel like reading, lol)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Sonic Generations sounds really sweet. Hopefully Zelda Skyward Sword isn't ridiculously challenging. Kirby Wii sounds good.

MrMagpie

MrMagpie said:

I'm way more excited about Luigi's Mansion 2 than I thought I would be. I got the original for £7.49 (later the equivalent of 1000 wii points) back in the days of the 'cube in a bargain bin somewhere. Not exactly challenging, but one helluva fun game.

moosa

moosa said:

EVERY GAME CORBY PLAYS IS THE BEST GAME EVER. :D

(caps for emphasis ;))

Chris720

Chris720 said:

How does MK3DS play out though? It seems quite interesting how you can race in the air, sea and on land... can't wait to pick that up, god I'm gonna be bankrupt soon, too many awesome games.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I agree with Mickeymac about tales of. Do you know if any of these games are there: Xenoblade chronicles, The last story, Tales of the abyss 3DS, Pandora's tower?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Magical Drop V!
Solatarobo!

Unfortunately Xenoblade and The Last story aren't at E3, according to reports from 1Up.

JackMack

JackMack said:

Uh, I think the page is derping a little bit. The word "undefined" is appearing over and over again at the top of the feed.

Henmii

Henmii said:

So Luigi's mansion 2 is developed by Next level! Didn't they also develop the awesome Punch out wii?

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Roundtable is beginning soon... crosses fingers for Monster Hunter, even though he doubts it...

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

I think that's just....the PSP's 3rd on Vita...if its not...its still 3rd and not an entirely new game. xD

Lan

Lan said:

will it be on youtube or the nintendo channel? my computer's lacking a sound card atm

Malkeor

Malkeor said:

It would have been cool to hear from EA and that Ken guy...
But as Ubisoft probably had the most hand on time, and one of the first to get their paws on the dev kit.

They also mentioned that not many others knew about it before the press conference. So it'll be interesting to see who sails on the ship of innovation, now in HD!