Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Trailer now Recruited

Posted by Trevor Chan

We scouted it for you

With the hustle and bustle of E3 dying down, it's time to catch up on something unrelated to Wii U and 3DS, as we bring you the trailer of the latest instalment in the Dragon Quest Monsters series.

The second title in the spin-off series ― Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 will see players scouting and collecting monsters as they build their ultimate battling team. Scouting skills will be tested as players recruit monsters that they encounter and by taking them into battle, new skills can be learnt.

There will be over 300 monsters to collect and synthesize, and by synthesizing two different monsters, players can create even stronger ones. More than 240 skills trees will allow players to customise their monsters, some of which will be familiar to gamers that have played the first Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker game, while others are completely new.

Players can get together and compete via a local wireless connection, or they can take their monster teams online via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. There's no better place than the Wi-Fi World Tournament to show off your battle skills.

The game supports a variety of Tag Mode options that let players connect and share data with others:

The game is scheduled for a European release on 28th August.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I fell in love with this game the second I started playing it. Too bad I only got 5 minutes on it. I got to the booth late due to checking out the Mutant Mudds game for too long. :D

iPruch

iPruch said:

I supossed DS games would lower their price after 3DS entered the market, but I think I have to wait more in order to get Sonic Colors, Okamiden, the latest Dragon Quest entries...

Knux

Knux said:

I can't wait to get my hands on this game during the day it's released. :D

Minjo_Master

Minjo_Master said:

Only buying this if it's the Pro version. If they seriously release the original now when Pro's been out 8 months in Japan, my Squarerage meter will fill up all the more.

Pogocoop

Pogocoop said:

Loved the first one. I once Scouted a skeleton dragon thing with Only 1% On that one... Good times..

JakobG

JakobG said:

Dragon Quest Monsters was the first game I bought after getting a Game Boy Color, I loved this game so much.
Great music, awesome monsters, complex strategies and the breeding system made this game a gem.

Despair1087

Despair1087 said:

i never played the first one but this sounds interesting... the tag mode would be easy for me since i have both dragon quest 6 and 9. all i have to do is buy this game and rub my 3DS with my DSi with one of the other two games in it lol

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Wow, that trailer got me really excited for it. I dunno about a day one purchase, but I'm definitely getting it.