Discover What Play Modes Await in Tetris for 3DS
Posted by Trevor Chan
Enough content to host a block party
It's a little bit of a shame that the upcoming Tetris game for the 3DS didn't make it in time for the handheld's launch as the original Tetris did for the chunkier-than-chunky Game Boy all those years ago. If it's any consolation, we can take solace in the fact that at least it will make it to retail by the end of the year and it looks as fun as ever.
Developed by Hudson Soft and published by Tetris Online, the new Tetris will cater for gamers of all ages and will feature over 20 play modes. The traditional way of slotting the blocks together is still intact, but with that recognisable game mechanic comes a number of alternative modes to tuck into as well.
New ways of playing include the use of Augmented Reality, various Party modes and numerous multiplayer modes that support up to eight players. Players can connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and play others online, or if a group of friends are together, they can make use of the local multiplayer and Download Play modes.
- Over 20 Tetris game modes
- Featured Game Modes: Marathon, Computer Battle, Fever, and Survival
- Party Game Modes: Stage Racer Plus, Shadow Wide, Jigsaw, Tower Climber, Capture, Fit, Bombliss, sprint, and Master Mode
- Augmented Reality Game Modes: AR Marathon, and AR Tower Climber
- Local Multiplayer game Modes (2P-8P): VS Battle, VS Stage Racer, VS Shadow Wide, VS Capture, and Co-op Tower Climber
- Download Play Game Modes (2P-8P): Marathon with Everyone, Fever with Everyone, and VS Battle
- Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Game Modes (2P-6P): 3 variants of World Battle
- Discover new and exciting Items for Fever using SpotPass
Tetris will be slowly floating down onto store shelves this October.