Check Out This Awesome Promotional Zelda Hat

Posted by James Newton

It's dangerous to go alone, wear this

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is available in Europe today, and Nintendo is going all-out to promote the return of a gaming classic. Select retailers in the UK received limited edition promotional Link hats, and we've got our hands on one.

The hats — which are not available for sale — let you look like the fabled Hero of Time, though you'll have to provide the rest of the outfit yourself.

Join us as we take a closer look at the promotional item below, and if you're in the mood for more Link-related shenanigans, be sure to read our Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D review.

Lan

Lan said:

omg i'd totally wear that. one of my good european nl friends should send it to me.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

And America gets nothing! Normally I wouldn't mind but with all the cool stuff other countries are getting I'm jealous. :/

Difool

Difool said:

Yesterday i finally got my Zelda cartidge!!!!! It,s amazing, It,s like a new game, a total diference experience from n64.

The only sad thing Is I didn,t get a preorder so I missed the golden cartidge and the t-shirt. But i don,t care, Zelda 3ds Is AWesome, much more than I expected

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

nintendo did something similar with mario kart wii.
the shop "game" gave away white caps with a mario kart logo stitched in the front as a freebie for people who pre orderd the gane. the stars shop version is a different colour but the material used is better quality.
i do like the look of that zelda cap though, very nice.

James

James said:

Perhaps employees at Gamestop/Target/Walmart etc. will get these items. Again, these are promotional items for stores, not pre-orders bonuses or merchandise for sale.

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

Gamestop better not do that stupid "Pre Order and get 15% off on the guide" thing. Why would anyone buy a game guide for Zelda? Ruins the fun...
I WANT THE HAT PLEASE.

Ai64

Ai64 said:

Some staff were wearing one of those when I purchased mine at a retailer. I wish for it to appear on club Nintendo. =)

NapalmHornet

NapalmHornet said:

I saw employees at GAME wearing them yesterday and on the subject im off to pick up my copy of the game

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

just got my copy it really is like a new game i got an alternate box and a poster not too bothered though the game is enough would like the hat but not if it makes me look like noddy lol. oot is a top game just got to the castle

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I'd probably be called Nerdzilla if I wore one of those around. My older brother would LOVE to wear this, though.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Why are we getting slighted in this. I believe its because we will buy anything with zelda in the name!

Dodger

Dodger said:

I have a Link costume left over from halloween still, so I don't feel too jealous. Still, US only gets a poster, and I already have the Club Nintendo Zelda posters.

My mom has a friend who makes Link costumes and sells them on Ebay.

Dynetheous

Dynetheous said:

the hat looks awesome, i really wish America would bundle the game with something. love the pic:)

Zeldaterasu

Zeldaterasu said:

I still have my Ocarina of Time on N64, so I haven't been planning to get this 3D rerelease. But the soundtrack bonus item has made me reconsider it. If we were getting this hat too, then I think that would cinch it for me!

Mowzle2

Mowzle2 said:

Well I got my pre-order at HMV as they were offering the game for £34.99 plus a dedicated Zelda giftcard with £5 on it. It's got the same scene as the Ocarina of Time box on it, so it makes a nice souvenir. But I didn't get the extra Gold Zelda box, though that would just have got stowed away with the other DS game boxes, I guess.

Squid

Squid said:

Well, maybe I'll just go into spy mode and snatch one, then... It's a secret to everybody.

Sgt_Ludby

Sgt_Ludby said:

@5 We actually get the official soundtrack of the game if we register it on Club Nintendo! I like that gift better, as I'll definitely listen to that music more than I would wear that hat hahah

AltDotNerd

AltDotNerd said:

WTF? THAT WAS MY IDEA! I suggested on the "Australia's Ocarina promo" announcement that NOA should either give us a Link cap or a 1:1 scale of the Master Sword. At least we'll get the soundtrack when we register it on Club Nintendo...but you can't wear it... :(

dcast1

dcast1 said:

In Canada we get a CD Soundtrack for Zelda when you register thru Club Nintendo. I rather get the stupid hat instead.

timp29

timp29 said:

That be some sexy british tones there daddy newts. I see where the 'daddy' comes from