Xenoblade Chronicles' Alternative Cover has been Decided

Posted by Trevor Chan

Is it the one you chose?

It's a shame that companies don't decorate games with alternative sleeve covers more often as it's a great way to introduce more artwork and a level of customisation to gamers. It's a good thing that Nintendo and Monolith Soft are into that sort of thing.

Nintendo of Europe recently supplied four pieces of artwork for gamers to pick, the one with the most votes would be printed on the reversible side of Xenoblade Chronicles' sleeve cover. With the voting now over, Nintendo has revealed the artwork that came top of the poll.

As you can see, it's an absolute beauty. Thousands of people took part in the voting and if you missed out on the action, head to Nintendo's game page where you can check out a game trailer and the other three pieces of art that won't be making it to the printers.

The game is currently scheduled for release in Europe later this year.

[via microsite.nintendo-europe.com]

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

It really was the best one of the bunch, but I think I'd have still liked some slight chaos and/or monster invasion on it. Still beautiful though.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

You're very welcome. That's the one I picked. I expect I'll get a free copy of the game as compensation.

Jusbe

Jusbe said:

So this is finally coming to europe. Nice artwork and game itself is quite good what I've experienced from ntsc-j version. Gotta get the european version out when it comes so I can enjoy the storyline more deeply.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Even though this poll was for Europe, I still voted on this. Hopefully a North American version would have another poll with another set of nice art.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

This was by far the best artwork so there wasn't really wasn't that much excitement behind the vote... but the idea that they let the players give their input is incredibly awesome considering how many good games have been released with terrible artwork over the years.

Tails

Tails said:

Very nice I like it alot. Might try to look into the game someday If it makes it to North America. :)

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I would have chosen that one too if it wasn't for twitter or facebook. Since i don't really use them. I have to admit it's a good idea of cheap and effective advertising though.
I think this will only cover the front of the box and hopefully give another bit of artwork for the back instead of a desciption of the game.
I mean that's the real draw of alternate covers to me. No rating signs, Wi-Fi logo or other things that only matter when you decide to get the game and that don't matter anymore once you actually bought it. Just pure and nice art. :)
Like the one antster1983 has mentioned

Burny

Burny said:

@23 Nothing prevents you from making a fake twitter account with your spam-email and use it for this one purpose only. ;)

It's not the cover I've chosen. I really prefer the second option with the painted artwork vs. this one - although this would be my second choice. This just looks like slightly touched up ingame visuals and although the world looks freat for a Wii game, it doesn't look cover-great. That's why I'd much rather have the painted artwork.

In any case, it's not one of the two boring covers and it's only the cherry on top of the game coming to Europe. :)

Yadoking

Yadoking said:

Not the one I chose, but still cool. I was debating between this, the more orange one, and the one with no people on it. I ultimately chose the one lacking humans.

EdEN

EdEN said:

Waiting for this to be confirmed for december 2011 in the US...

Lordy

Lordy said:

Damn, looks nice. I just started playing Xenogears myself, and I'm loving it, although it sounds like this has nothing to do with it.