New Dream Trigger 3D Trailer Shoots to Thrill

Posted by James Newton

Called 'Anxiety', but don't worry

Dream Trigger 3D is one of the more intriguing prospects coming to 3DS: a pseudo-retro shooter with a feature list that includes 'electronic remixes of classical music' and 'blasting enemies into multicoloured 3D explosions'.

It also has a new trailer, which you can watch below. The video is titled 'Anxiety', so you might want a brown paper bag handy to breathe into if it lives up to its name.

Dream Trigger 3D launches in North America on 10th May and Europe on July 1st.

Dream Trigger 3D showcases the wow factor of the 3DS like no other game. A stunning mixture of explosive graphics and nonstop action, it is a signature shooter for the system. Play as a fixer of dreams', turning nightmare landscapes into gorgeous dreamscapes in this must-have visual masterpiece for new 3DS owners.

The next generation of handheld shooter gameplay

Trigger sonar bombs to expose enemies, then blast them into multicolored 3D explosions
100 trophies to collect across 50 different stages, boss battles, multiple difficulty levels
Original soundtrack features electronic remixes of classical music
2 player multiplayer
Stunning 3D graphics never before seen on a handheld system

10 completely different visual environments showcase depth of the system's graphical power
Players take on the role of different characters in each level, experiencing an unmatched variety of 3D visuals
Showcases how 3D graphics make gaming more fun

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Akward fits that trailer in a nutshell. Wasn't IGN raving about the Dream Trigger 3D demo a couple of months ago? They said it was definitly one of the future 3DS releases to keep an eye on...If anything the music sounds pretty sweet, and it's got some pretty trippy potential with 3D.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

yea didnt learn owt from the trailer hope its deeper than it looks but with the 3d aswell should be good

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

It sort of looks like a Virtual Boy game with an ugly color scheme. I almost wish they'd gone with all-red for the full retro effect.

Despair1087

Despair1087 said:

looks like a visualizer... i just might pick this up because there really isnt all that much this month, besides the eshop...

moosa

moosa said:

Whats with all the hate? Well, it's a 2D shooter, so it's not supposed to be that popular. Just leave us cool kids to enjoy our trippy game. ;) You're not supposed to be able to tell what's going on because that's what makes us shooter fans feel like we're better than you.

pikku

pikku said:

The screen shots make this look fun but it looks really boring in the video. I might have to wait for a review of this before buying unless they release a more exciting trailer. >.<

Samholy

Samholy said:

the video was.... broken. this is not what will sell their product.
the screenshots look promising. the video isnt much dynamic.

ill see if my retailer has a demo of it or something, because i wont buy some kind of interactive vizualiser for 40$.

Number_6

Number_6 said:

It reminds me of Rez a lot, and I LOVED Rez. When music is played via gaming, the experience can be immersive like nothing else, as shown to the unwashed masses with the Bit.Trip series. This is one I am looking forward to...but I have to agree that the video doesn't make it look that great. That said, Okamiden didn't look so hot in one vid demo I saw showing a boss fight, but I love it more than any other game I have for my 3DS.

moosa

moosa said:

And so everyone jumps to conclusions. I bet nobody even noticed all the bullets in the video.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

well, I got it,many have cmplained about the depth or challenge. I didn't find thier gripes valid. I like the game and it provides enough of a challewnge for me. I must say I hate the method they chose of choosing the levels. The level chooser is gimmicky but serves it's purpose. The play feels a bit like 'Tempest' Meets 'Big Bang Mini' + 'Space Invaders Extreme' in 3D. It is a bullet hell to be certain. Their instructions could be a bit better written. I had to seek instructions online to really get the idea of how it's played.