Get Another Taste of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D with This Video

Posted by James Newton

Like Young Link, it's only short

This game needs no introduction, and it's unlikely many are on the fence about it: you've either already pre-ordered it and put aside the funds, or aren't buying it on principle. Whichever way you swing, the video below shows how the game's shaping up now it's just over a month away.

The video shows Sheik, Ganondorf, Zelda and plenty of other staple characters, both good and bad, all presented in the same art style as its N64 predecessor.

Not long to wait now, adventurers.

Thanks to JafriYakin for the tip.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

But...Young Link IS short! What does this mean?! D=

EDIT: I just realized it said "Line Young Link, It's Only Short". I'm an idiot. :P

moosa

moosa said:

Indeed, with the quality of the video and the fact that I haven't played an N64 recently, it's a bit hard to tell this apart from the original. :) I imagine people will be happy with that.

thebluelight1

thebluelight1 said:

Why am I so excited for a game I've completed several times?

@moosa the graphics are noticeably improved due to the superior hardware but the art style's remained the same which is why it looks similar (which is a good thing!)

NintendoLee

NintendoLee said:

I'm excited, as I've said several times the original has aged terribly so it'll be nice to play the game again without accidentally walking through a wall.

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

I'll definately be picking this up the day it comes out, even though I've practically memorized the whole game, but I'm still waiting for an awesome North Ameica pre-order bonus.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Will it be like the N64 version, so if you've played it on the N64 you can replay it on 3DS?

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@16....How does N64 Link look better? It has that Michael Jackson nose and no strap and sharply angled hair and everything...

Dodger

Dodger said:

The more videos I watch of this, the more I feel that I've played this all before. The walls are prettier but it's making me less convinced to buy the game again for $40 when I have it on VC for $10. I know it's a remake, I wasn't expecting much to be changed but the graphics don't look quite nice enough to me to pay $40 for a game I've already played through. It would certainly be a must buy if they included Majora's Mask also or even just A Link to the Past with upgraded graphics or maybe if the graphics were updated enough where it looked like a modern Wii game. The screenshots look amazing but when I watch it in action, it doesn't look quite as amazing to me.

Amazing game though. I'm just thinking I'll stick to the VC version for now. I'm in the Water Temple on my second playthrough. I guess I'll wait for reviews but there are enough other games I want coming out sometime this year and my wallet doesn't like me.

zionich

zionich said:

This is where Nintendo is failing at. All these new videos are nice, but wasnt this kind of stuff what spotpass was designed for. Why not be sending these videos to our 3DS' so
#1 We can see them in 3D
#2 We can show it off to people.

Great 2D videos BTW :)

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

God, I hope they let you speed through the dialog and text faster this time. No offense to anyone, but nearly every sentence of narrative text in OoT is so badly written it makes me stupider just to sit through it.

I don't know if I can make it through all the corny thee's and thou's from that dang tree again.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

The only advantage i see at experiencing OOT for the first time on the Wii's VC is the fact that you're playing on a big screen. But In this day and age, I don't think I could handle the 'below 30fps'

Zelda OOT 3D however, runs at a MUCH nicer 30fps, the graphics are prettier, link looks a hellova lot better and i find his colorful vivid green get up much more appealing and of course its rocking 3D. B-) But those are just a few improvements out of the many. It's just a shame that the 3DS's gyro titling controls muck up the 3D...Damn that tight viewing spot! :p

castor

castor said:

I don't care if I've already bought it on the VC. It'll be nice to have it on a handheld... but maybe it's better to buy the "real 3DS releases" first.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

@warioswoods
Wow, I usually find myself agreeing with you but I definitely can't in this case. I love the language of Ocarina of Time; there's a child-like simplicity in it that I actually find kind of perfect for the game itself.

pikku

pikku said:

@warioswoods I like the dialogue actually, but I do want a way to skip it quickly because even though it's good the first time around, it does kinda get in the way of multiple playthroughs, at least for me.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

"Verily, thou hast felt it." (What's with this faux King James stuff?)
"Fly, Navi, fly! The fate of the forest, nay, the world, depends upon thee!"

It's almost as corny as dialogue in the new Star Wars movies.

Link's Awakening had a far, far better story and text, as did Twilight Princess (Midna is easily the best-written character in all of Zelda). Majora's Mask also showed ten times more cleverness with writing than OoT. I stand by my point.

Perhaps if I actually played this game for the first time as a child... but alas, verily I was quite a bit older.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

i'm with pik — i can take or leave the text, it doesn't really bother me (lol, the corny crap is part of the zelda-series charm, IMO), but having a way to speed through the dialogue would make multiple playthroughs much, much easier. do want :3

Punny

Punny said:

This game looks like it runs at more frames per second than the N64 original! Awesome!

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

The new trailer is neat, I actually like the text that gives it a cinematic feel. Now I want new trailers for the other upcoming games!

Chris720

Chris720 said:

@20 Agreed.

A remake of a classic isn't a bad thing, but meh... completed it quite a few times now and its still absolutely brilliant from beginning to end. I'd love to see it in 3D and play it again but with the portability factor. Only thing is, its missing something, i don't know what though.

And the graphics still look blocky and a lot like the N64 version. Its not a bad thing, ofcourse, but I wouldn't of mind a little more fleshing out. :P It'll probably look better in 3D, however.

SunnySnivy

SunnySnivy said:

This is going to look so much better in 3D. The game looks great in 2D but I don't think we should judge it by a video. Videos of games always look like crap anyway.

Doma

Doma said:

The animations look jerky. There clearly isn’t much of an improvement to be seen here… i think i’ll pass on this. I’ll buy a 3DS once something original surfaces.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Hey Jamesy, you forgot the 3rd group of people: those who want the game and will get it, but don't have money for the game or the system.

SpicyDuck

SpicyDuck said:

Graphics don't matter. I would still get it if it looked exactly like it did on the n64

S_T_K

S_T_K said:

there's is master quest mode and other things yeah still same kinda but it's still cool to have a portal game last 50+ hours :P that's is you like to 100% it

Davidmoreaux

Davidmoreaux said:

I really liked the Orcarina of Time for the N64 and would like to see a remake of Majora's Mask to...