First BIT.TRIP SAGA Screens Incoming

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Including one in 3D!

Aksys Games has just published the box art and first four screen shots of their upcoming title BIT.TRIP SAGA, and they've done what we've hoped publishers would do since we first saw the words "2D image of a Nintendo 3DS game" – they've released a 3D image of a Nintendo 3DS game.

Hopefully the early June system update will streamline the process, but for now you can download the shot to your 3DS SD card to view it with that mouth-watering extra dimension (make sure that you right- or alt-click the prior link and save the target to download the file rather than clicking the link, as the image will display as a flat 2D JPEG otherwise). Just save it to the second folder within DCIM, which should be called 100NIN03 or something similar, eject the card and pop it back into your system. Remember to make sure you're not using the SD card when you eject it from either, and use the Safely Remove Hardware function if you're running a Windows computer.

Thanks to Odnetnin for sending this in.

[via gameinformer.com]

Arcanum

Arcanum said:

I only purchased bit.trip Beat and well...I never was able to beat it. This will be an excellent day 1 purchase for me.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Never own any of these, this will probably be next purchase after OOT. Unless it comes out later than August.

Mange

Mange said:

I still want the leaderboard Wii channel. Come on Gaijin. Free download for those already own the full saga. It isn´t to much to ask for.

Punny

Punny said:

I'm glad I only downloaded demos for these games! Now, I can experience the entire series in one Game Card - IN 3D (just as soon as I nab a 3DS!)!

argus

argus said:

I have the full series on Wiiware, and it was definitely worth the $42. I think it will work really well as a package. (However, I don't think anyone should be allowed to finish FLUX until they've finished the rest of the games - for story purposes.)

It seems like everybody has their own opinion on which game is the best. My personal favorite is CORE, but most people seem to prefer RUNNER. So, there's something for everyone. :)

vakama94

vakama94 said:

Can´t wait for it! i have the entire collection on WiiWare and i´ll grab this too as soon as i get a 3DS

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@argus Yeah it'll be a shame for people who play FLUX before the others, but it's not like Gaijin can restrict content until a certain amount of progress is made--then they'd have to put an asterisk on the box after "all six games".

So, everyone, the moral of the story is don't play FLUX until you've finished the rest of 'em.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

@ZachKaplan "Use the Safely Remove Hardware function if you're running a Windows computer." Really, the last Microsoft OS I used that required that was Windows 98. :O Since XP, removable storage has been plug-n-play (just make sure you aren't reading/writing to it when you unplug). ;)

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@shinesprite: famous last words. over the past few years i've had two corrupted SD cards while doing it that way (nothing i couldn't recover from immediately, but it still happened, which is the point), so ymmv :3

Pryce

Pryce said:

I like the idea of sending 3D screen shots, but this particular screen shot is pretty bad. Hopefully the actual visuals are better.

Henmii

Henmii said:

"Hopefully the early June system update will streamline the process, but for now you can download the shot to your 3DS SD card to view it with that mouth-watering extra dimension. Just save it to the second folder within DCIM, which should be called 100NIN03 or something similar, eject the card and pop it back into your system. Remember to make sure you're not using the SD card when you eject it from either, and use the Safely Remove Hardware function if you're running a Windows computer"

Sounds very complicated!

Traxx

Traxx said:

Reminds me of the fact Nintendo has to seriously provide 3D trailers and demos for the device. If they complain about how hard it is to tell people about the 3D, do something about it. There has to be a dedicated Club Nintendo preview trailer and demo channel with 3 D footage.

siavm

siavm said:

The 3d looks bad. Unlike so One Piece pics I saw on my 3ds (which looked good) these do not. The graphics even look badder, hopefully it is just because of the of jpg tech on the 3ds.

JohnDoe123

JohnDoe123 said:

The 3D image was cool, but I found the 3D pop-out stars distracting. I hope more developers show 3D images over the internet like this.

b_willers

b_willers said:

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but my 3DS refuses to recognize my SD card with this file on it. Now its deleted its back to normal again, wont be messing about with this again!