Barry Burton Rounds Off The Mercenaries 3D Cast Members

Posted by Trevor Chan

He doesn't know what it is

Capcom has released some new screenshots of upcoming Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D and with them, confirms the last of the eight characters we'll be playing as in the game.

As you can see, the newest member of the mercenaries team is Barry Burton, one of the original characters from the first Resident Evil game. Unsurprisingly, we probably won't have to worry about him as he runs off blasting zombies in the face because as always, he's got his beloved magnum with him.

Burton joins the rest of the cast that consist of Chris Redfield, his sister Claire Redfield, Jack Krauser, Hunk, Jill Valentine, Albert Wesker and Rebecca Chambers.

As previously reported, producer Masachika Kawata has hinted at fan-favourites as part of the game's unlockables, but exactly what they would be he didn't explain. Will some of these characters have to be unlocked before they are playable, or can we expect more surprises hidden away in the game?

Capcom has managed to utilise assets that were developed for the home consoles and work them into The Mercenaries 3D. To give gamers taste of what's to come, The Mercenaries 3D will come with a demo of Resident Evil Revelations, allowing players to sample the freighter section of the game.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Leon and Chris united... it NEEDS to happen. Also WOO HOO BARRY FINALLY GETS SOME ACTION! :D It's Jill Sandwich time!

I thought Rebecca was announced too already? After that, I don't know who I'd like to see... Sherry? Ana? Heck, I'm fine with Tofu for all I care, complete with the way it... "talks"... when it's attacked, lol :)

Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer said:

This game is looking pretty good, never played the mercenaries mode in RE4 but I'm guessing it's more arcade like? Should be fun multiplayer either way.

thebluelight1

thebluelight1 said:

Ladies, Gentlemen and Barry Burtons!

Wasn't going to get this game but a Revelations demo AND Barry...who could say no? :P

SuperSonic

SuperSonic said:

@1 I totally am, too.
And btw, I never got my hands on RE1 so, who is Barry Burtons? I have heard of him, but that's it.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

I'm just not too thrilled about this one at all. I'll most likely pass on it and just wait for Revelations instead.

Juampi

Juampi said:

"the last of the eight characters we'll be playing as in the game."

Who said there will only be 8 characters?

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I hope this doesn't mean that ONM were wrong about Leon being in it. Barry is awesome, but he's not as good as Leon. Hopefully Leon will either be unlockable or DLC.

thebluelight1

thebluelight1 said:

@SuperSonic he was a supporting character in the RE1 whose involvement with the story was a lot more important if you were Jill, in the original version of the game he had some of the worst lines ever recorded in a game such as "you were almost a Jill Sandwich" and "I think it would be better if you, 'The Master of Unlocking', took it with you."
He is not as amusing in the GameCube/Wii version but don't let that detract from you getting a copy of that masterpiece!

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

when the original RE was released, it was pretty darn amazing and offered one hell of a new experience. I didn't notice how mediocre to crappy the acting was, because this was the first time ever that i was hearing dialogue and interaction between 3D characters, it blew me away. The prerendered backgrounds were haunting, super detailed and beautiful and the entire thing came off like a B-ish George A Romero zombie flick with one creepy kick score, and you were part of the experience. RE noobs can diss the game all they wan't, but a lot of them never experienced this classic during the time of it's release. I'm so glad I did.

The Remake however, while graphically beautiful didn't really do much for me at all suprisngly.
There wasn't nothing new or fres about it. It was stale territory for me.

Glade

Glade said:

they should have better online modes... but I guess they don't wanna make it feel like Zombies in COD. I wanna know more about the content in it first :D

moosa

moosa said:

They'll probably have four of these available from the start and four that need to be unlocked. There you go.

Wisconsin1

Wisconsin1 said:

I will be at GameStop at 10:00 sharp, for this one! I want to see an unlockable revamped RE3 mode. It says 30 missions, does that mean 30 maps?

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

Why the heck are Leon and Ada not in this??? Mercenaries mode originated in Resi4... how does it make sense to drop 2 of the playables from that title? Ugh. Anyway, while this looks like a lot of fun... I'm still a bit disappointed it's a full retail release. Online multiplayer could be good, but if this is just plain mercenaries mode on a cartridge of its own, this will feel like a minigame with online multiplayer tacked on. I'm just hoping there's more meat to this thing than I think.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

i think leon will be unlockable and the shopkeeper from 4 would be a good unlockable looking forward to this not long now got something that might interest ya kaboom!!

Expa0

Expa0 said:

WHAT! What is this? Barry's in? Sweet! That pretty much confirms I'm getting this game. Though I hope Leon gets in too.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Screw Leon. That pretty boy with his Gackt Mushroom cut along with his fearless arrogant princey personality. It's no wonder every emo on the planet loves the guy! lol

But to not have him in the cast is a little odd. After all, what did Rebecca, Hunk, Claire and Barry have to do with RE4 and RE5?

Ahiru77

Ahiru77 said:

Chris hates Leon. Won't allow him in his special crew.

Just because Leon took over and reigns as the franchise's best character. >_>