Ace Combat Flies Into the 3DS Danger Zone

Posted by James Newton

Top Gun high-fives all around

Namco Bandai has announced its action-packed aerial combat series Ace Combat is coming to 3DS.

The news came at the same Dubai conference that confirmed Tales of The Abyss 3DS is going global. Developed by series stalwarts Project Aces, little is known about the game yet, other than that the idea of shooting down planes in three dimensions is undeniably appealing, and that reckless behaviour will earn you a reprimand from your commanding officer.

We'll bring you more on Ace Combat 3DS as it flies overhead.

[via eurogamer.net]

Tails

Tails said:

Yay I've heard these games are amazing for their graphic capabilities. Plus the game i know is gonna be a blast shooting down planes in 3D Mode.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Ill buy it 101% for sure. It's a shame only the Sky Crawlers made it to the Wii from Project Aces. It's easely the best game of it's kind on the system.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Another series that i had in mind once i heard about the 3DS. I only hope it will be a brand new title and not just a remake or rehash of older titles. :)

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Awesome! One of my all time favorite franchises. So many games coming out for this system and I'm not going o be able to keep up. I still hope these games sell well or it bye bye 3 rd parties all over again.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

This is slaptastic news indeed!

Ace Combat is one of my favorite franchises and I can't wait to take to the skies in 3D! :)

moosa

moosa said:

I approve of this. If the soundtrack is anything like Ace Combat X, this game will be a monument for that alone. That's not to say the other Ace Combats didn't have phenomenal soundtracks, although the last game just came off sounding like more of the same. I'm a big fan of videogame music, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that Ace Combat 5, Ace Combat 0 and Ace Combat X are easily among the greatest game soundtracks I've ever heard.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

i was playing pilot wings using jet earlier thinking a proper flight sim would be good for 3ds not actually a big fan of genre but would be ok in 3d

Glade

Glade said:

Only played AC5... The best storyline for any game in the genre. And now to see It on the 3DS. Can't wait Namco. With more games like these the 3DS will rise to the skies. LOL and last statement :D