Nintendo to Release Solatorobo: Red the Hunter in Europe

Posted by James Newton

Update: 1st July release confirmed

Update: Nintendo has revealed the game will launch in Europe on 1st July.

It seems like only last week we asked what's going on with Solatorobo: Red the Hunter?, and now we have the answer: Nintendo will release the Namco Bandai game in Europe later this year.

As in similar deals for Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition and Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Nintendo will handle the sales, marketing and distribution for the unique RPG in PAL territories. That's right: the game is heading to Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

Players step into the furry shoes of Red Savarin, an anthropomorphic dog with the ability to take human form when battling giant mechanical robots. After six years of DS, it's good to see the console is still receiving innovative ideas.

Here's the Japanese trailer below, so stay tuned for more news on Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Famitsu gave it 33/40 (82.5%). And DS is region-free so this is good news for everyone. We have to import Radiant Historia :)

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

I wish Thundercats was never invented. I think that's what kick started the whole furry thing...

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

I'm keen to hear more about this game - people seem excited but I can't find much info about it!

Issun

Issun said:

Info on the game have been really scarce about this game (you can believe me :I scoured for news at least once a day since last September ^^')

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I don't have much faith in Namco Bandai bringing this game to the US so I guess I'm going to have to import it.

AcidFox

AcidFox said:

Great!! This really made my day!!! Sure, I'm gonna have to import it, but it's still great news, I was dying to play this game!

Henmii

Henmii said:

"But I'm glad this game is published by Nintendo, this means it will actually sell more that if Namco published it !"

Not only because of that, but also because shops want to stock it that way. If Nintendo didn't do this, only few shops would stock it (at least in Holland).