Nintendo Buys Up TheLastStory.com, Points to Nintendo.com

Posted by James Newton

Announcement on the way?

Japanese RPG The Last Story has attracted more than a few envious glances from transatlantic gamers eager to delve into Mistwalker's Wii roleplayer, but so far Nintendo has made no concrete announcements about the game heading to the West. Now there's a little glimmer of hope for fans in North America.

The domain name TheLastStory.com was recently registered by Nintendo and points towards Nintendo.com. The same applies to XenobladeChronicles.com, for which Nintendo of Europe announced a localisation deal last week, yet Nintendo America has been curiously quiet about both games.

Expect more news at E3 in early June.

marc_max

marc_max said:

That domain has been enabled for some months. I remember entering it on summer and it redirected me to nintendo.com.

I hope TLS is released anyway!

EDIT: It seems that now laststory.es now redirects to Nintendo Europe!

Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer said:

I could see both this and Xenoblade being announced at E3 for a NA release, which I really hope does happen since Last Story looks like a fantastic game.

James

James said:

@marc_max thelaststory.es and thelaststory.co.uk both point to Nintendo of America for me. Seems it went a bit domain hungry :)

Beechbone

Beechbone said:

One of the most anticipated Wii games... and most disappointing abscence of western release. Could it be, that The Last Story finally gets its English treatment? Probably best news of the day :)

sgotsch

sgotsch said:

Looks like this:
http://www.zimmer101.de/wii-spiele/aktuell.html [06.04.2011]

Simple translation:
Nintendo announced a new production erlier this year, which they are producing themselves. Now Nintendo released this trailer and some information: We will play a female hero trying to break an dark curse. The gameplay will mix up action-rpg and beat-em-up.

Issun

Issun said:

Yay, with this Solatorobo and Pandora's Tower, Nintendo is going to get a lot of RPG love !

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Looks like it will be a terrific year for the Wii after all. I do wonder, what else is coming to e3... F-Zero!? Starfox!? I can but dream.

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Hmm... Cautiously optimistic. Here's hoping for a PAL release to go along with Xenoblade!

Moments_Hunter

Moments_Hunter said:

Hmm...yes cautiously optimistic because I think we need some solid statement, same as for Xenoblade to be released in Europe.

madgear

madgear said:

It will come! Seriously, how would it not be released in the West? A massive game that has the hardcore gamers drooling with anticipation when there's a huge drought of Wii core titles. We're going to get this and we'll also be getting a new Star Fox and F-Zero too - mark my words.

Metroid133

Metroid133 said:

Man Nintendo is doing great this year!

3DS: Zelda, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, and maybe Mario (although I'm thinking early 2012 for that)

Wii: Zelda, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and anything they announce at E3 (Pikmin 3)

As for The Last Story (the point of this articles) I can't wait for it! :) I saw gameplay for it a while back, and I knew it would be a day 1 purchase if it ever came to NA! I guess it is, and it is still a day 1 purchase! :D

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

We all knew this though? Iwata said they will "milk" the Wii more by porting games they should've ported a year or more ago. lol

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

I don't see why this is much of a surprise seeing as how the Wii needs some love later this year and Nintendo is publishing several anticipated games in Japan.

pixelman

pixelman said:

Awesome. Looks like I'm gonna get my Wii RPG fix later this year, finally. :3

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Sounds very promising! I really hope that Nintendo does release this game here in the US. I don't think that I can even express in words just how badly I want to play this. Please make it happen Nintendo!

nefisto

nefisto said:

I hope it's the first indication, that The Last Story is ready to go in America.

nefisto

nefisto said:

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Figured it was a matter of time. Announcements soon, cold hard facts come E3. Good stuff.

Tails

Tails said:

I hope this comes for the Wii. I've heard its a beautiful title. Please NOA bring this to us!

emirblade

emirblade said:

I hope both come to America AND Europe. I have too much RPGs on my DS and not one on my Wii.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@James Newton & Marc_Max - no, the domain names: thelaststory.es and thelaststory.co.uk, redirect to http://nintendo.com which in turn redirects to http://www.nintendo.com/countryselector which allows the user to choose which country's Nintendo site they want & then installs a cookie into the user's browser so they are redirected to that particular country's Nintendo site, everytime they go to http://nintendo.com & hence you both believed that the two thelaststory domains led to NoA's site.

... That's the facts if I'm surmising correctly & thinking straight :P Sorry for the overly long explanation.

EDIT: Oh & yay for being one step closer to The Last Story getting an english localisation somewhere in the world! :D

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Yeap those are good hints that both games may see the light of days here in NA. Can't wait to finally hear the announcement soon.

JakobG

JakobG said:

Given that Xenoblade will finally head to the Wii, it's very likely The Last Story will do the same.

1080ike

1080ike said:

It looks like 2011 will be an excellent year for the Wii and 3DS, and possibly one for the DS as well (Fire Emblem 12 (hopefully), and another game, Shin Megami Tensei I think, with maybe more announced at E3). However, I'm not holding my breath in terms of DS releases.

thesignpainter

thesignpainter said:

i've been watching trailers for TLS (all in japanese of course) and its looks awesome! giant spiders, giant squids, giant... turtles, and a guy who looks like ganadorf!