Normally, Nintendo reveals its Japanese Virtual Console plans for the upcoming month on the last Friday of the month, but this time we have it a day early.
Next month sees a bit of a Neo Geo resurrection, with three new games being released for the system. Japan will also get the fifth NES outing of the Blue Bomber, as well as a SNES fighter already released in Europe.
The full list for May is as follows:
- Mega Man 5 — Basically more of the same, this one didn't really introduce any major new gameplay elements.
- Rushing Beat Ran (10th May) — The second game in the Rushing Beat series, which was retitled for North America as Brawl Brothers.
- Tsuukai GANGAN Koushinkyoku (10th May) — A bit of an unusual fighting game, in which the fighters have very large health bars, the ability to pick up weapons and the ability to jump into the background. It was released elsewhere as Aggressors of Dark Kombat.
- Fire Suplex — A wrestling game featuring ten fictional wrestlers from around the globe. It's known elsewhere as 3 Count Bout, and should it come to the West would only be the second Virtual Console release based on professional wrestling.
- Fūun Mokushiroku: Kakutou Sousei — A game somewhat similar to Samurai Shodown, as every fighter uses a weapon. It's different in that, like Aggressors of Dark Kombat, you can also jump between two areas of the battlefield. It was released in the west as Savage Reign.
Lots of Neo Geo games! Would you like to see any of these in Europe and North America?