Hey, Listen, We Have 19 New Ocarina of Time Screenshots

Posted by James Newton

Hey, listen!

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is ready to eat up your every waking hour after its release in mid-June, so Nintendo has released a stack of new screens to get you in the mood for Hyrule.

The stills show Saria, Link, Ganondorf and the Princess herself in all their high resolution glory, but don't forget the 3D effect of the screenshots can only be seen on the 3DS system. One thing everyone can appreciate is how much better than the Nintendo 64 original this looks, with crisp textures, sharp edges and all the original game's charm intact.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time launches in Europe on 17th June and in North America on 19th June. Not long now.

evimonkey953

evimonkey953 said:

the graphics look way better than the original and i can't wait to play this awesome game this was the first zelda game i ever played and i can't wait to carry it wherever i go
next time, just click the 'edit' link above your comment to go back and edit any typos :3 — TBD

default12345

default12345 said:

I'm not convinced. I'll probably get it on the Wii VC. Cheaper and more or less the same game, without 3D and polish. I think I have slight OCD about playing games in their original state, and about buying 3DS games that have '3D' after the title. I want original titles. Though saying that I had no problem buying and playing MGS: The Twin Snakes for the GameCube. Perhaps that's because I've played it before. Yeah that's it, I want to play games in their original state before I play the upgraded version. Yeah.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

im going to play that chest opening tune when i get the game handed to me at gamestop then again when i open it and take the game out :P

MrMagpie

MrMagpie said:

I'm still only getting this if there is extra content (unicorn fountain, yes please) to the N64 version...new graphics just aren't worth £30 to me...

Link79

Link79 said:

The original still looks good. It'll be nice to have a portable version but playing on a TV is best. Now let's see some Adult Link and Princess Ruto screen shots.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

@ 5. NFreak007 I see I'm not the only one that noticed Link's Popeye-ish arms, lol

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

Looking good! I'm still on the fence about getting this new or waiting for a price drop. The extra game included with this one has me leaning towards the former though.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@15 The price will never, ever drop, just like the pokemon games. It's just too popular.

Doma

Doma said:

@5:Yeah, he seems way too chunky in some of these close-ups, like a baby ogre. Where are his wrists!? His ears also look exaggerated to me, i don’t think i’ve ever seen them so long before..

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I have Ocarina of Time for the N64, the N64 again, (got both grey and gold ones, you see), I have it as part of the Collector's Edition compilation on GCN, I have it on GCN again as part of the Master Quest compilation, and I have it downloaded on the Wii's Virtual Console.

I am DEFINITELY getting this game as soon as it comes out.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

The opening song from the title screen (zelda's lullaby on ocarina with bg accompaniment) is playing in my head now. I may have to play my GCN disc before I get this one, I'm so excited!

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Who ate all the pies? :O
Anyway textures still aren't great and don't look that much different from the original to me. I'll still be getting this day one but I really hope this "extra content" is good.Looking forward to the 3D effect though,especially the boss battle at the end!!

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

hope i can get it day 1 went to get 64 1 and it was sold out or pre ordered everywhere ended up getting it out of a mail order book from somewhere looking forward to this might pay to pre order this time just in case

Link79

Link79 said:

Link still looks kinda blocky in some of those screen shots. For example look at the one where he's pulling the master sword out. His fingers look really square and they have flat ends. People think the 3DS has Gamecube level graphics? Not quite obviously. It's a step up from N64 but only slightly.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Nintendo have stated that they're just tweaking this one a bit, not pushing the 3DS hardware by any means.

Faron

Faron said:

I'm glad that they haven't depart too far from the source material. Look's great. Actually, it doesn't even need to look any more good than it looks already. The game stays the same anyway (mostly).

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Looks beautiful and I can't wait for June 19th! I almost feel selfish in hoping that we do get a bonus dungeon or some kind of bonus content. I don't think it's anything that would be altering a classic to the extreme! There were a few extras in Super Mario 64 for DS, weren't there (I never got it, so don't know of all the extras)?

rjejr

rjejr said:

"in all their high resolution glory"

While they're updating an old N64 game into "high resolution" I hope Skyward Sword gets the same treatment on a Wii2. ;-)

Punny

Punny said:

These are gorgeous! I hope Nintendo makes Hyrule Castle Town look less blah, too! :)

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Check your info, Nintendolife. Game Informer (probably the only outlet to catch this) revealed that the developer for OoT 3DS IS NOT Nintendo EAD. They're not doing it in-house. They're letting Grezzo do the "port-up". Which is Koichi Ishii's (of Secret of Mana fame) studio.

Considering Nintendo's excellent work in the past with ex-Square talent (or hell, let's just call them "only Square talent" at this point. Because the current Tetsuya Nomura led teams suck) has yielded some fantastic games. Whether it's from Brownie Brown (Magical Starsign, Mother 3), Monolith (Soma Bringer, Xenoblade) or Mistwalker (ASH, Last Story). You'd figure people would be making more of a deal out of this news of developer. It's way more exciting than having EAD get their hands on it at this point, as they've gotten pretty lazy post-Wii Sports (except for EAD Tokyo; the guys who still push tech and design with Mario Galaxy)

nite2727

nite2727 said:

40 bucks for a game i already have in my closet along with the system to play it??? naaa! rip off! fixed graphics, 3d backgrounds, but add somethin fun like online co op. or something grabbing something new. there should ONLY be a master quest. mix it up. y sell the same game, people know this game like the back of they hand. 20 or 30 bucks maybe. no 40

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Btw, anyone else hoping that the NEXT 3DS Zelda is going to be an original game? Now that they have the engine up and running, would you prefer to see a remake of Majora's Mask or something new?

Considering how amazing the previous, original handheld Zelda games were (the Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening, The Minish Cap/Four Swords, and Spirit Tracks), I find this remake very disappointing. Well...more "unexciting" than "disappointing", I guess. I sincerely hope that Grezzo gets to follow this up with an original Zelda game for the 3DS, like how Nintendo let Capcom-Flagship do the original GBC and GBA Zelda titles.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

I'd pay €100 just for this game.

@39: Link's Awekening GBA was [s]also a remake[/s] a port.

And the next 3DS Zelda game will be a new one, or they'd end up porting Wind Waker or Twilight Princess :p

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

That Heart Container in this game looks stupid. But the game looks like a fine addition to the 3DS line!

asif1983

asif1983 said:

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

How come the ocarina is tan/gold in shots 1, 2, 18, and 19, but blue in shots 13 and 22? Hmm :|

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@ 46 Because Saria gives you the Fairy Ocarina early in the game, which is tan, and then later you get the Ocarina of Time, which is blue. :|

To everyone's comments about Link's weight, leave him alone! He's never done anything except save Hyrule! It's been a few years, that's why he's a little...larger. D:

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Those screenshots look wonderful. I particularly like the fishing one, but I love how bright and colorful the game looks now.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Aw, shucks! I was hoping for a chance to view those "retro" blocky cardboard cutout polygons in 3D... :P

Is it just me, or does he sometimes have a slightly girlish facial complexion?