Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns Coming to DS and 3DS

Posted by James Newton

Double farming joy

Natsume, the house that Harvest Moon built, has announced plans to bring Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns over to North America for both Nintendo DS and 3DS, according to a Facebook post.

While the company explained this isn't the 3DS Harvest Moon game originally announced at E3 2010, leaving us to wonder if the mention of 3DS is just to remind people it will work on the new 3D-enabled console.

From screenshots and videos of the Japanese version, the game shares the same graphical style as predecessor Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar, but with an all-new story about feuding mayors in neighbouring villages. Animal additions include bees, owls and alpacas.

Expect more information at E3 2011 in early June.

Today we are revealing an exclusive to you, our most loyal fans. We are happy to announce Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns for the DS and 3DS coming later this year! Fill up your watering can and sharpen your hoe, because it's time for an all-new farming adventure! More details to come in the near future, including some exciting news at E3.

[via facebook.com]

Related Games

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Very exciting news indeed! I hope that we will be getting a Rune Factory 3D in the near future as well.:)

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

One of my favorite series. I will be picking this one up for sure. I think I am going to have to dig out my copy of the SNES one this weekend and play it again.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

hooray! i hope Harvest Moon eventually takes advantage of some 3ds features like streetpass and online visiting other people's towns or trading or multiplayer or anything like that. I'd be way more excited about a Harvest Moon than an Animal Crossing if that was the case.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Yay 3D harvest moon! I hope they start well this time around.
the first of many

wait is this a port? a remake of the DS game or just a DS game that can be played on the 3DS?

ueI

ueI said:

I haven't bought a Harvest Moon since Island of Happiness. I think I'll get this.

emirblade

emirblade said:

Nobody told me before to sharpen my hoe before. T_T

Anyways great news for people who still doesn't have a 3DS.

Burn

Burn said:

That's exciting, but what my 3DS really needs is a Rune Factory... Pretty please, Natsume?

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

i havent played Harvest Moon since the gamecube days called : A wonderfull life if the 3DS harvest moon is anything like that i'll consider buying it since i never got around to getting the wii one

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Love Harvest Moon. Something about it, is so addictive and so much fun to play. SNES version is still pretty great, just no sheep. :(

Harvest Moon >>>>>>>> FarmVille

James

James said:

:o A Wonderful Life is my favourite (non-Rune Factory) HM game on console. I spent way too long working out guides for planting, crop hybrids, that sort of stuff. Combined with Friends of Mineral Town it probably ate several hundred hours of my life :

Roachant

Roachant said:

I adore harvest moon games! I haven't played a HM game on the ds since HM DS but this announcement got me to pick up sunshine island and give it a go until HM 3ds comes out. Can't wait!

Wolfy-Boey

Wolfy-Boey said:

So, is it just a port of the DS game? If so, then I'll wait to see the 3DS exclusive one first.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

@Wolfy-Boey: It's a port of a DS title that has only been available in Japan. Don't know whether the 3DS version will offer anything different other than the graphics.

siavm

siavm said:

I never got into the series and looking at these games, I still am not.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Favorite HM so far is Magical Melody (64 and SNES coming after).

I hope this has 3DS features.. Or two versions for DS and 3DS.

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sakura_Moonlight2421 said:

I guess I'll have to finish Harvest Moon: Animal Parade then. Gah you have no idea how hard it was to get Animal Parade I've had to go to different Gamestops on the island just to find it. Hopefully I'll be able to get this one. :)