Come On In for Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D's Intro Movie

Posted by James Newton

Welcome back, old friend

As the saying goes, "if it's not broken, don't fix it", which seems to be the thinking at Grezzo Co. judging from the introductory video to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, embedded below.

Complete with the original music, direction and pretty much everything from the N64 original, the video nicely sets up Link's first 3D outing, due for release in June. It may not be the most action-packed video game intro video ever, but it's one of the classiest.

[via siliconera.com]

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

Meh..... just a guy on a horse sticking his arm out for no apparent reason

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

I hate to say it, but the animation for that horse is horrible...

Surely they could at least get that right!

SullKid

SullKid said:

"It may not be the most action-packed video game intro video ever, but it's the best."
There ya go ;)

Well to be honest, I think they should've made it better looking. Cel Shading or something.

Bugpy

Bugpy said:

I think the graphics could look a lot better. Ok, they're improving it, but still, I'm not sure it's top of the market for the 3DS capabilities.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I'm glad they didn't stray from the original. Now, can we get Grezzo to give a remake of GoldenEye 007 the same treatment!?!?!?

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

@HyperKnuckles
Awesome photoshop!

I can't wait to get this. Yes, I can play it on the big screen with my GCN MQ disk, but I don't care! Wantwantwant! Damn nostalgia.

iphys

iphys said:

The water looks weird. The light doesn't seem to refract through it, because it looks like it's just superimposed over the image of the riverbed.

Samholy

Samholy said:

nice but...
that horse animation was outdated. yeah is a kind of port, but they could have updated some things left and right.
when you try a nice horse like in Shadow of the colossus or even oblivion, this one seems... pale.
why not porting that horse from twilight princess ?

Gressil

Gressil said:

browsing over this thread. and i agree, the graphics COULD have been better... but i doubt it's what they wanted. It looks just like the original instruction book art, it's how they wanted the game to look initially, in my humble opinion. we're not playing final fantasy 13, we're playing zelda.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Amazing what a few extra poly's, a 2nd quest, and a new dimension can do.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

i think the graphics will look a lot better in person not long now not sure of 3ds actual power maybe equilavent to 128 bit

SunnySnivy

SunnySnivy said:

Also, to people complaining about the graphics being better... I bet they will look better in person. The 3DS screen is smaller than a YouTube video. Plus youtube pretty much destroys the quality of anything that is uploaded on it.

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

The horse looks better, but otherwise it's pretty much the same. Maybe it looks better in 3D.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Is the Master Quest open immediately? I honestly just don't have time to replay the entire original game, 3D or not. MQ was the hook for me, and now I see rumors that it won't be unlocked until after the main game.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

@warioswoods
I haven't heard any confirmation either way, but seeing as the Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition featured the Master Quest available from the start, I don't think it would be a stretch to assume that it would be the same case here.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

@triforceofcourage if you're asking me, I'm just being cynical. Although it's a little weird seeing Link's arm hanging out like that, and the music sounds a bit different in tempo in some parts then I remember. Still, I won't mind buying this again.

Nnooo

Nnooo said:

Goosebumps!!!

Man I can't wait. Will be Hawaii on holiday when this comes out so will be trying to pick it up from the Gamestop there and playing it as much as possible!!

vind

vind said:

it does look gorgeous as ever, but i'm not very fond of the yellow fog and the speed of the shifting clouds...the original has a more serene and natural quality to it...

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

at some of the coments here, haters gonna hate coughs anyways

i can not wait for this game this reminds me of the old days even though im only 20 lol

James

James said:

Having played this I can confirm the graphics look better in the flesh. They're even 3D and stuff!

evimonkey953

evimonkey953 said:

WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game looks sexier than ever Can't wait also hyper knuckles nice pic but is that fry from futurama :)