Captain America and Thor Trailers Power-Up Wii Together

Posted by James Newton

Sega's Marvel-lous double team

Cards on the table here: Sega's comic book movie tie-ins have not been fantastic. Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk; none of these games have set the world of Wii alight. But hey, we have new trailers for Thor: God of Thunder and Captain America: Super Soldier to make things better.

Both tie-ins for upcoming Marvel movies to be released this summer and both promising inventive combat (one with a hammer, one a shield), the trailers below will likely be exactly what you'd expect from these games. We'll leave it to you to decide whether that's a good thing or not.

Captain America

Thor

Related Games

Oregano

Oregano said:

Captain America= Bleh. Thor= Eh?

Thor looks quite good from that trailer but I'd have to see more.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I dont know I am kinda weary about games based off of movies they always seem to be bad. Sometimes they dont even have anything to do with the movie. The only exception I have found was the Lego games on the current systems and Batman Returns on the SNES

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

"CAPTAIN AMERICA PLATFORMS ACROSS GERMANY"
Haha, wow. Least exciting headline ever.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

Captain America cracks me up. Over-the-top-to-the-point-of-being-comical Patriotism ftw

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I doubt I'll go for either tbh, despite being a bit of a Mravel and DC fan (not the video games, the comics, graphic novels and animated serieses)

Cool bosses though in thor! ;-)

y2josh

y2josh said:

Wii version of Captain America looks better than the PS3/360 gameplay I saw, IMO

Gameday

Gameday said:

thor looks interesting , but sry captain thumbs down soldier ha maybe its just the wii version that throws me off and that im not feeling the motion controls. o well ill still check em both out.

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Red Fly is doing Thor. Thor will be better.

No offense to HVS. But they're clearly a multi-team studio. One team is working on the Conduit and Grinder. The other team is the team that does their Iron Man tie-ins and licensed games like Ben 10 and Dora the Explorer. HVS's "Licensed Tie in Team" is not very good.

spizzamarozzi

spizzamarozzi said:

Yeah Thor will be slightly better than Captain America I guess...at least the boss fights look creative.