Ono: "Street Fighter x Tekken on 3DS Should Happen"

Posted by James Newton

Wants more noise made

It's wall-to-wall fighting game news on 3DS at the moment: Nintendo will publish Dead or Alive Dimensions in May, and Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition producer Yoshinori Ono is in London for the console's launch. If Ono gets his own way, the onslaught of fighting games won't peter out in May, as he wants to bring upcoming crossover match-up Street Fighter X Tekken to the portable console.

Ono revealed to Eurogamer that he thinks bringing the game to 3DS is a smart move:

Personally speaking, it should happen. We should probably start making more noise about this. But officially, nothing has been considered yet.

If you want to see Kazuya take on Ryu in 3D, speak up now.

[via eurogamer.net]

Darel18

Darel18 said:

Wait, what? !!!

I was going to buy the 3DS on December but with all these news, this is to much for my pocket lol but still YAY for Nintendo :D

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

the tekken company probably would want a tekken game out for 3DS before having thier ip on the portable console not being the main focus?

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

I love how much Ono is standing up for the 3DS.

(P.S. We're still not over with any Nintendo vs. Capcom ideas you got tucked in that head of yours.)

KrazyBean

KrazyBean said:

That would be smexy!! By the way:
1) Marvel vs. Capcom 3...DS, make it happen!
2) Nintendo vs. Capcom, needs to be made!!!
=)

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I would love to see the game come out on any of the systems. I would rather see it come out on Xbox or the Wii before the 3DS since I cant afford the steep price of the 3DS right now but as long as this game does come out I am not going to complain.

Hokori

Hokori said:

OWWW >< That was my money dying... Thank You Capcom, now make me proud and give us some DMC and Onimusha. I wanna Play them on a Nintendo Platform.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Hopefully, but he's also contemplating making a Nintendo Vs. Capcom too, so we'll see. It would really make another fantastic addition to an already fantastic 3DS library.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Best 3DS developer: Capcom

They are really bringing so much to the 3DS and showcasing the power of it. Megaman Legends 3 best not 'die' off. Ono is a tease though. But at least he's out there and bringing up the possibilities.

I really want Viewtiful Joe 3 to be on 3DS. Do it. Please! D:

farly09

farly09 said:

im Wii game: Battle Stadium D.O.N. Dragon Ball Z vs. One Piece vs. Naruto (GAMECUBE).
Fighting game im idea game this is "BATTLE FIGHTER'S T.M.C. TATSUNOKO VS. MARVEL VS. CAPCOM"?,get on it.News Characters: JASPION and SHURATO (TATSUNOKO),SPAWN and GHOST RIDER (MARVEL),VANESSA P.N.03 PRODUCT NUMBER and LEON S. KENNEDY RESIDENT EVIL 4 (CAPCOM)........
My photo icone KEN Tatsunoko, Wolverine Marvel, Ryu Capcom

THANK YOU...........

Farly...=D

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

it`ll probably end up in the iphone app store first.
i`d rather have it on the wii thoug.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Who, Tekken? Oh, yeah. He's that fighting game with that shirtless muscular guy, right? What's his name... Maxi? Sure, man, that totally beats putting Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on the 3DS! And don't you worry 'bout that one, neither, 'cause Tatsunoko holds way more appeal, anyway. You know, it's cool that Deadpool can beat a guy with their own life bar, but he's got nothing on Guy-In-A-Bodysuit-And-A-Visor, a character so compelling that he must comprise at least half of the Tatsunoko cast under different names. It's okay, man. Don't bother. :P

Look, I kid, alright? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom ruled. But help me out here! I'm achin' to play as Sir Arthur and show Iron Man what's what! :'(

DAaaMan64

DAaaMan64 said:

Dragon Ball Z vs Capcom
FUNimation vs Capcom

Nintendo vs Capcom

Nintendo vs Dragon Ball Z. :P

Nintendude92

Nintendude92 said:

@25: Yes, Nintendo of Europe struck a deal with Tecmo to publish DOA.

&& honestly, I'm not big on Tekken. I'd rather see a beautiful mvc3 port next!

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

I'm sad that SexySuitSamus isn't playable in DoA :(

Guess Nintendo might not want Samus' boobs jig-a-ling... It kinda did in Brawl...

Tails

Tails said:

God already this 3DS has ALOT of fighting games for it. SSF43D BlazeBlu Dead or Alive and now talk about bringing Street Fighter VS Tekken?! Wow My Tax return i swear will be gone just after the first month :D (That is if it happens and it really should.)

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Anything vs Dragon Ball would lose, not even the mighty Super man stands a chance.lol As for Tekken...Bluh!

NassaDane

NassaDane said:

Now where is KOF 13 on the 3DS? (KOF 13DS, that could work) Heck where is KOF 13 in general?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Tekken is my favourite fighting series. HUGE, HUGE, HUGE fan over here.

Tekken vs Capcom would be a dream come true.

I'd love a Nintendo vs Capcom as well though

STRYKIE

STRYKIE said:

Ono, nobody cares about your Street Fighter II clones, work on bringing Street Fighter III 3rd Strike online edition to the 3DS. If the NGP gets it instead, fighting games will forever cease to be a reason to get a 3DS.

As for Nintendo vs Capcom, meh, I'd rather see Sega vs Capcom. I've loved me some SSB since the 64 days, but a brawler vs a fighter just flat-out ain't happenin for me. Sega on the other hand are veterans within the fighting genre.

@7
Play games, not consoles. ;)

motang

motang said:

That would be awesome, a day one purchase for me, well then again the PS3 version is going to be day one purchase for me! :D

Azikira

Azikira said:

I personally like other fighting games, but I definitely want to see this come out for all the fans! =3 Who knows, might get it myself.