First Antipole Screenshots Flip DSiWare On its Head

Posted by James Newton

Defying gravity

Saturnine Games just sent over the first screenshots of its upside-down platform puzzler Antipole for DSiWare, revealing a little more about the gravity-flipping title.

Like all good games, the ultimate aim in Antipole is to prevent a robot invasion. Thankfully your mysterious main character has the ability to reverse gravity, sending robots, acid pools and more up or down depending on your choice. Naturally the gravity change affects your player too, so you'll need to make judicious use of the power to make long jumps and traverse tricky sections safely.

DSiWare isn't exactly renowned for its innovative offerings, but hopefully Antipole could score one for the creative committee.

irken004

irken004 said:

PREVENT a robot invasion? Well I for one welcome our new robot overlords...

siavm

siavm said:

I don't care about dsiware anymore. I want 3dsware. I really hope they did not delay the shop so some misfit dsiware titles could still sell for a few months.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Played the demo in the XBL indie section. It was kinda fun but a little rough. For example hit/collision detection seemed to be a bit off. Still kinda looking forward to a DSiware version though. Hopefully they ironed out some of the bugs instead of adding to them.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

I tried the demo on Xbox and it was kind of cool. If it doesn't go over 500 points and get a good score I would get it.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

I'm not really loving the Art style, I've played VVVVVV and I own AYIM, so no for me. VVVVVV for DSiWare though, and I'm there.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

i'm gonna haVVVVVVe to agree with everyone seeing similarities between this and another game, lol... wow.

MofieWilson

MofieWilson said:

I got this ages ago before VVVVVV came to the eshop (I've never played it and had never heard of it) and I hated it - which has unfortunately put me off getting VVVVVV - can someone confirm that VVVVVV is better than Antipole? Like, a LOT better?