Ubisoft's Brand Spanking New Party Game is a Sexy Shocker

Posted by Trevor Chan

A new wave of adult Wii games?

When thinking of multiplayer games on the Wii, one might go for the easy examples of Wii Sport Resort, and Wii Party as they're enjoyable and played by many. Or, you might go for the obscure ones that are best left forgotten. Either way, you probably weren't thinking of Ubisoft's upcoming party game: We Dare.

Developed by Ubisoft Milan, We Dare features a selection of challenges that are probably more fun when played slightly drunk. Judging from the cringe-inducing trailer, players will be getting more intimate than a crammed bus, and spanking each other silly until sporadic bursts of awkward laughter replace the initial embarrassment that's probably hanging in the air.

Sexy, quirky, hilarious, innovative and kinky are all things We Dare hopes to be when it launches sometime this year; although how many of those adjectives are accurate remains to be seen. Why don't you watch the teaser trailer below and tell us what you think?

KEY FEATURES

A WIDE AND VARIED RANGE OF 40 FUN AND FLIRTATIOUS GAMES

• Select the mood of your party: Enchanting, Persuasive, Naughty, Adventurous and Brainy.
  • Dance to your favourite tunes from film and radio.
  • Challenge your mates to a flirty strip-tease.
  • Multiplayer up to 4 players.

A HILARIOUS LIGHT-HEARTED ATMOSPHERE WITH CLEVER CHARACTERS, COY MINI-GAMES AND INTERNATIONALLY POPULAR MUSIC HITS: SUCH AS SEX BOMB, (I’VE HAD THE) TIME OF MY LIFE AND MANY OTHERS!

NOW. ARE YOU READY TO PLAY?

[via shop.ubi.com]

Tails

Tails said:

Another Party game. Oh well Maybe Ubisoft will make good money on Rayman when it comes to 3DS.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

It was given a mere PG rating for "Mild sexual references" by the Australian Classification Board.

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

That's how me and my friends play every game on the Wii. They're REALLY casual gamers. Thank God you can wash Wiimote jackets.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

The part that makes me question the game is the 12+ rating. Really, Ubisoft? Was the Dante's Inferno campaign and Dead Space 2 Your-Mother-Will-Hate-This-Game campaign not enough immaturity for you?

EDIT: Ignore the above statement. HeroOfTime007 Noted that the Dante's Inferno and Dead Space 2 Your-Mother-Will-Hate-This-Game ad campaigns were all part of EA's marketing, NOT Ubisoft's marketing.

Pod

Pod said:

There's GOT to be an audience for this. The question is, how to reach it.

Demonic_St33V

Demonic_St33V said:

Wow.... Just when I thought shovel-ware couldn't get any worse, Ubisoft goes out of their way to invent a new low.

This will be huge in Japan.

RyuZebian

RyuZebian said:

Cool. Gaming is an expanding medium, and it's nice to see that naughty games now isn't just for lonely perverts, but also perverts with pals! :D

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Three words... Oh... my... god...

That is probably the weirdest thing I have ever seen... and if you click on "6969" at the end of the video... I do believe they want to turn this into a sort of "foreplay" video game. @_@

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Ubisoft's new approach to the video game industry: Don't play games, go have sex...

I feel slightly embarassed I own a Wii now... and then the irony:
> 12 PEGI
> Parental Discretion Advised

Doma

Doma said:

Even more cringe inducing than the rest of their (typical) casual bullsh*t.
You'd have to be a complete MORON to ever consider buying this..

KrazyKain

KrazyKain said:

I can see this working on kinect, but how the hell would you play this on the wii?

HeroOfTime007

HeroOfTime007 said:

@10 V8 Ninja
That was EA/Visceral NOT ubisoft, and I fail to see how EA was "immature", better then the Gears of War commercials with slow music to make you think the game is "artsy".

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

No surprise this isn't being released in America. I guess 8th graders will just be stuck spinning bottles.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

That was odd. I can see Nintendo attempting to emulate this success, w/o being so in-your-face w/ any innuendo.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

The video tells me that this ubisoft content was blocked in my country (usa) ?

but i found another one on youtube and it's pretty outrageous

Bankai

Bankai said:

So there's a video game for the same kind of people that buy those adult board games.

The problem with this is?

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

@HeroOfTime007 My original post is fixed, but I highly disagree with the opinion that EA had good ad campaigns for Dante's Inferno and Dead Space 2 (the Your-Mother-Will-Hate-This-Game one). They were both immature and stupid. However, I don't want to turn this news post into a flaming ground, so if you really want to argue about it, make a thread on NL or Email me (my email is v.eight.ninja@gmail.com).

jerryo

jerryo said:

@WaltzElf The problem with this is that it is not made for teenage virgin geeks who do not understand that "adult fun" can also be other than a Resident Evil game :)

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@37:
Judging by the comments above, most people's "problem" is that the game looks fecking awful. Kind of, y'know, a valid thing to comment about on a site that reviews video games. Aside from some silly jokes (not exactly out of place on NL, either) nobody really seems to care about the content, let alone be upset by it.

Rhansley64

Rhansley64 said:

More Shovelware!!!!!!, okay in a way Ubisoft is smart to masked an obvious minigame collection with adult content, but that's even more of a disgrace since why can't we get a new Rayman 2D game instead?!!!

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

:-o

Maybe the rumours of the Wii being close to the end of its lofe are true if that's what the devs are resorting too.