Sink Your Fangs into the Okamiden Demo Available Now

Posted by James Newton

Fire it up

It's only a matter of weeks before young Chibiterasu graces DS consoles everywhere in Okamiden, with Nintendo and Capcom combining to stoke up the excitement by releasing a new demo on the Nintendo Channel.

Released earlier this week in North America and Europe, the demo takes you through a short sample of the gameplay on offer in the upcoming wolfy adventure.

Okamiden reaches North America on 15th March and strides to Europe on 18th March.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I sure hope this one doesn't get lost in the 3DS shuffle.

Cipher

Cipher said:

I'm picking up Okami very soon and Okamiden soon after that, so don't worry, it certainly won't get lost in this house. :P

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

Yesterday in europe? Pft, its been out since Tuesday morning uk time. I was checking repeatedly waiting for it! :D.

Its a shame the demo is so short though. No demo that length is going to make people go out and buy it.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Guess you didn't read our FAQ. :D Yes, you can use the Circle Pad with DS games, although you won't get true analog support, just a fancy 8-way joystick of sorts.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

It's not up over here yet. :( Hopefully it is soon though. Can't wait to see how this plays.

Link79

Link79 said:

I really enjoyed Okami on Wii so I'll be adding this one to my collection eventually. Is this a direct sequel or more of a spin off? I haven't been really keeping informed on this new game.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

How in the world am I supposed to kill the enemies in the demo? I have been slashing and blooming them a thousand times, but I can't manage to kill them. What am I missing?

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Ah, I got it. You need to attack with Y. No clue why this isn't explained in the tutorial. I was drawing like crazy but nothing happened. I didn't like the fighting controls.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

It got an 88% from bothe N-Gamer and ONM. Gold Award standard for N-Gamer, but not quite ONM. Brilliant in just about every department except dynmaic camera combat. Will try the demo. Its an DEFINATE BUY. BUT I may have to delay my purchase for a couple months because of the bohemoth that is the 3DS. :-(

Azikira

Azikira said:

:D Yaaaaaay Okamiden! Who needs Pilot Wings Resort when you can get this? :3

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

I love it! Okami was such a great game, I hope the sequel lives up to it's name.

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

@Sneaker13 'Y' to attack definitely was mentioned - you must have been skipping the text in your eagerness to play :D
Anyway, definite day one purchase for me. I'm so impressed by how similar to the original Okami they seemed to have made it, despite it being on a less powerful system. Can't wait!

Zeldaterasu

Zeldaterasu said:

Just finished trying out the demo! It felt really good to be playing a brand new Okami, so that in itself made me happy. I wish I didn't have to use the D-pad to move around in a 3D environment, and the button-based combat takes some adjusting to, but other than that I love it!

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Awesome! I just finished Okami for the first time last weekend, and now I can get a demo to what will be my fix for the next few months! :D