Shantae Finally Reaches Europe Next Friday for 1200 Points

Posted by James Newton

You can soon exhale

Fed up of waiting for Shantae: Risky's Revenge to reach Europe? Circle this date on your calendar, then: Friday, February 11th, and put aside 1200 DSi Points for the game as well.

In case the whole Shantae excitement has passed you by, be sure to read our Shantae: Risky's Revenge review to find out why this is the only DSiWare game to score a 10/10 from Nintendo Life.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Good for them! This is a truly excellent DSiWare game that should not be missed by anyone!

Oregano

Oregano said:

I will get it(at some point) but I kind of wish it would have been 1000 due to how long we've waited.

sykotek

sykotek said:

For some reason, I thought EU had it already... just goes to show that it was mostly Americans whining about it not being released in the first place. Oh well, have fun!

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

My European bretheren, you are in for a treat. I am hereby requiring you ALL to download it. You WILL be quizzed. =P

Heheh, congratulations.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

I still haven't picked this up yet. Alphabounce is a VERY extensive game, and I've got a few others to play before I pick this up. ;)

Rockmirth

Rockmirth said:

YEAAAAAAAA I COULD KISS YOU LOL!!! finally its soon here i guess this game has been worth the wait

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

Blame the OFLC for that one, they charge way too much to get games rated which is why so many publishers ignore Australia.

Link79

Link79 said:

Why oh why did I Ignore the original game on GBC? That sure was ignorant of me. I hope it comes to the 3DS VC someday in the near future. Meantime I'll have to get risky's revenge as soon as I get me a 3DS.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

Been waiting for this since i first see the review, can tell its gonna be my best downloaded game, cant wait

marc_max

marc_max said:

After almost all 10 years, europeans will be able to enjoy their first adventure of Shantae.
I played the GBC game up to the 100% completion, and I can say that it's one of the best GBC games that were released. It's a pity that it appeared too late and never reached Europe.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

I haven't heard much about it but it still annoys me that it isn't getting released in Australia. This is a 10/10 game and we can't have it? This just reminds me more of how I need to import a 3DS from Europe even if it costs more for reasons like not getting half the DSiWare and most likely the 3DSWare as well.

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

I think I have 200 points spare on my DSi XL from downloading Art Academy, so hopefully I should be able to get this in one points purchase. :D

Tethers

Tethers said:

Nice, but like Cave Story they should have dropped the price to 1000 points because of the long waiting time...

taffy

taffy said:

You get the guys who make the Rytmik games knocking 600 points as a way to apologise to their US customers for the delay and what do we get, not even an acknowledgment for the delay

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

I didn't really like Mighty Flip Champs at all. I grew bored of the gameplay and art style very fast. However, I love quality platformers, so is this game for me?

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

Ahh, finally... will it took long enough to get here. But finally "Shantae Risky's Revenge" gives me the excuse to upgrade my beloved DS to a DSiXL and make my first DSiWare purchace. This game just looks so cute and fun! After almost 5 months I can hardly wait anymore... but just one week to go.
Now just need to decide on whether to buy a yellow or a dark brown one... the limited edition red ones have disappeared from the shops... although they weren't sold-out at all. Wandering what they do with the unsold limited editions? Probably recycle them as food for Pokemons.

Dave123

Dave123 said:

1200 POINTS!!!!! I thought DSiWare didn't get anymore expensive than 800.