Push Your Parking Skills to the Limit in Valet Parking 1989

Posted by James Newton

We're not making this up

Monday sees the release of Remote Racers, a 3D racing game on DSiWare that joins the likes of Asphalt 4: Elite Racing, Ferrari GT Evolution and more in bringing speed to the service. If you're one of the few gamers who thinks you'd have more fun parking cars than driving them, hold onto your Nintendo Points until Valet Parking 1989 reaches DSiWare later this year.

Set in California in 1989 – we're not sure why – the game offers a story mode, in which you presumably rise through the dog-eat-dog world of valet parking to become the greatest living valet, as well as an endless mode for when parking cars is all you want to do.

The game's feature list mentions mullets, ice creams, shoulder pads and teen movies. Ladies and gentlemen, start your predictions for Nintendo Life's review score: now.

Zordix AB today announces the release of the preview film for Valet Parking 1989™ for the Nintendo DSiWare™ service.

Valet Parking 1989 is a game where you park cars for a living, trying to please both guests and boss to make enough money to buy your dream car! As if life wasn't hard enough with guests and an evil boss riding your back, you have to look out for those pesky pedestrians thinking they own the sidewalks! Clients with no patience and expensive cars in narrow parking lots make for a frantic game with screeching tires skidding between people and concrete. Included is both a story mode and an endless play mode where you simply aim for the high score on each stage.

The game is set in 1989, a time when pink was more pink than it has ever been before, a time when Hollywood celebrities really were celebrities, cars guzzled gasoline like there was no tomorrow and pedestrians weren't a protected and endangered species.

FEATURES
Park and return cars to patience impaired guests.
One evil bossman! intense and manic gameplay.
Set in a neon lit California 1989.
12 story mode levels all with their own challenges.
Shoulder pads galore.
30 characters that you may or may not (n)ever have heard of.
Mullets, mullets everywhere! 15 songs (quite but not like, anything you heard before)
Two words, handcuffs and ice cream.
15 cars, big and small with their own quirks. Never ending play, with or without a teen movie story.
A nice ambulance, you will need it!

Ignite the dream, put the pedal to the metal!

chrisy

chrisy said:

taps watch

For a minute I thought I'd slept through most of February and all of March. This has to be a joke, surely?

y2josh

y2josh said:

I'll be getting this game when I get a 3DS. Looks boss and tubular.

JeanLuc_Vaycard

JeanLuc_Vaycard said:

lol crazy concept. I really would love to hear what was going through the devs head when they came up with this game. You said predict the score so I am actually going to say 7/10 and that it is a pretty decent game.

Big_A2

Big_A2 said:

Please tell it will have an all-80s soundtrack.

But I think I'll hold out for the sequel; Valet Parking 2034.

Sadsack_Awesome

Sadsack_Awesome said:

I'm not JUST going to predict the score, my prediction will be more detailed:
The game is going to have a great storyline
At first, everyone will think it's great
Then, as the reviewers play on and on and on...
They'll realise it's going to get boring and repetitive quickly
Despite this, they'll still give it a 6/10 and too many people will buy :P

ZordixAB

ZordixAB said:

Hi, i am the Marketing Ghost from Zordix AB, the makers of the game. I see there are a couple of questions here and since i don't have a life on this Saturday I thought i would scare some people and answer them as far as I am allowed to.

What was going through our heads?...nightmares and memories of pink, pastell blue and a fashion sense from hell.

80's soundtrack? you bet....or at least something very close to one....

Oh..i have to apologize for the somewhat strange feature list. Somewhere out there on the interweb the mail lost all its formatting.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Oddly enough, I'm not going to be totally pessimistic about this!

It might not be the most exciting concept, but if handled properly we might have another Airport Mania on our hands. Here's hoping that's what happens.

Ron_DelVillanoStaff

Ron_DelVillano said:

I'm guessing this game takes place in 1989 because that is the year I was born, and thus the world became a much better place. You're welcome.

1080ike

1080ike said:

That's one of the most unique, if not "fun" ideas I've heard anyone come up with. Insta-buy.

GammaGames

GammaGames said:

the controls look fun, if only they where implimented in a game where you are a tank and get to drive around and smash/blow up everything you see

armoredghor

armoredghor said:

It actually looks like decent gameplay but they should have used any other theme whatsoever.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Fail #1: I need to earn $250 to afford my first own car!

Fail #2: Rob Schneider did valet back in 1989?

Fail #3: 1989... someone liked GTA:VC a lil too much

Final Score: 2/10

JayArr

JayArr said:

This game is the first DSiWare game to capture my attention in a year. I for want this and hope it it turns out as amazing as it sounds! =D

slidecage

slidecage said:

this would be a DAY 1 buy for me (no joke) at 500 pts... how it looks this will be a 800 or even a 1000 pt game... I love games like this on the pc.

2 good pc games like this .. FIX IT UP and FIX IT UP WORLD TOUR..
hopefully this game is like those two