Podcast: NLFM Episode 16: Adventurous Adventures

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Zelda, Dragon Quest, Terranigma and more

Didn’t we have some fun though? Remember when the podcast was sliding into the fire pit and I said "Goodbye" and you were like "NO WAY!" and then I was all "We pretended we were going to murder you"? That was great.

1. Sick YG — Ain't That Funny (MadWorld, Wii)
2. Miyoko Kobayashi and Masanori Hikichi — Underworld (Terranigma, SNES)
3. Koichi Sugiyama — The Observatory (Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Sky, DS)
4. Koji Kondo, Tōru Minegishi, Asuka Ōta, and Manaka Tominaga — Overworld Adventure (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, DS)
5. Fighter X — Harimau

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

In case you've missed out on the fun so far, NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight chip musicians and albums we really like, as well as your own original gaming compositions.

To prevent the balloon popping that comes with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!) and also drop original compositions of yours you'd like us to play on the show in our Soundcloud dropbox.

fishman100

fishman100 said:

Favorite podcast yet...Zelda (my fav), DQ (which i just recently started playing and I LOVEE it!) and a great composer.

:D

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

...Portal references? Why?! That doesn't make any sense! Not even a single Valve game has come to a Nintendo console! Ever! Like...ugh!

nice song picks btw

Iggy

Iggy said:

I really like the Observatory music from DQ9 and the rest was top notch to. I was wondering if i could make a request if you could play the music from Windfall Island(Wind Waker).

Terra

Terra said:

A true classic there from Terranigma, brings back a few memories lol :)

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Zelda: Spirit Tracks has to be one of the games with the best overworld themes ever. This was one of the few DS games I played with headphones on. And Terranigma's soundtrack as a whole is just epic. Pretty good episode.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'm glad to have played Terranigma on emulator. The game is already set in english, so it puzzles me why this game cannot get a formal release over here. I really wish more Enix came out of Square Enix and not just Square so much.