Observe the Flow of Battle in Pokemon Black & White Video

Posted by James Newton

Master the new moves

The countdown to Pokémon Black & White is ticking on, and Nintendo has just released a new video showing off the raging battles to be had when you pit new monster against new monster in the upcoming DS release.

Here at Nintendo Life we're currently sinking our teeth into the latest gotta-catch-'em-all-a-thon and we're inviting questions in this forum topic, so if you have a burning Pokémon-related question you need answering let us know and we'll do our best to answer.

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

I wonder why I'm not excited for this game at all... I even pre-ordered SS and have 200+ hours in it. I'll probably pick this up sometime though.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

I still haven't played a Pokemon game (unless you count the Puzzle League-series game with Pokemon characters on the N64), so I remain perplexed as to what it's all about.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

I feel like it would have been better if they just waited and put this on the 3DS with improved graphics and no more sprites.

danschemen

danschemen said:

triple battle? wasn't that on crystal monsters. and wasn't that game coping pokemon? so pokemon is coping a game that was coping pokemon?WHAT'S GOING ON????

fishman100

fishman100 said:

I wasn't really intending to buy this at the start, but I think I've changed my mind :)

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

Pokemon is getting a bit stale. This is the first Pokemon game I'm not excited at all about.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

.. So Nintendolife already has Black and White a month ahead...

Anyhow, can't wait for this! :)

1080ike

1080ike said:

@zranoll: Me too. Those lucky Japanese got it about half a year before the launch of the 3DS, though, most likely because there hadn't been a new Pokemon game for two years (HG/SS).

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

...I wonder if that annoying alarm thing is still there when your Poke runs low on health....I heard the music changes when that happens, so I maybe they took that noise out hopefully. :p

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I haven't anticipated a portable release this much since Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Cannot freakin' wait!

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Wow, I haven't splurged on a Pokemon game since Diamond, but maybe Ill grab Black in the future. This looks like a significant upgrade! :)

skywake

skywake said:

@BellGoRiiing but the health warning made battles more intense! Especially when you were JUST about to beat that gym leader you'd attempted multiple times and you had ONE pokemans left. Red bar, you are one pokemans away from victory, health warning blaring through your headphones..... you end up hoping like hell your next attack will land a crit.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

@skywake: ...Naaah, I think I'll enjoy Black/White's alarm thing, especially if the music changes and the "beeping" runs with the music. :p

Portista

Portista said:

Aw man! I can't watch this because you used a you tube link. Can you please direct me to the link that Nintendo used? You tube's blocked for some reason. Thanks! XD

Big_A2

Big_A2 said:

@7.danschemen: "Crystal Monsters"? What on earth are you talking about?

lex0plex

lex0plex said:

I was going to get this, but the graphics actually look terrible! I thought they were going to be at least 3D (as in not sprites), if not in "3D"

lex0plex

lex0plex said:

@JayceJa
Invizimals did a pretty good job of creating 3D models for battling... I guess I was just expecting the game to be released for the 3DS which can handle that amount of detail. I forgot the DS has so limited graphic capabilities

@danschemen
I'm pretty sure that they had 3vs.3 pokemon battles in Pokemon: Gale of Darkness, but I could be wrong...

KiroX777

KiroX777 said:

@6 yea they are making a new 3DS pokemon game. (most-likely grey, gray?... w/e) but i beat this pokemon game already it was sooooooo much fun! nintendo really put a LOT of effort into this game from the intro all the way to the credits. it felt like i was watching a movie at times lol