Europe Gets the Chance to Take Home Victini

Posted by James Newton

Only early birds need apply

We recently reported about how North American gamers can get their hands on Victini in Nintendo's upcoming Pokémon Black and White, but fear not European gamers: you'll get your chance too.

In an almost identical fashion to the North American Victini parade, trainers who pick up the new games between 4th March and 22nd April can connect to Nintendo WiFi Connection and grab a Liberty Pass, which is the only way to catch Victini.

We'll be bringing you a review of Pokémon Black and White on launch day so you know if it's worth putting down your money for the latest catch-'em-all-a-thon.

Battle your way to Victory with one-of-a-kind Pokémon available to early owners of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version

Buy your game early and be rewarded with the exclusive Mythical Pokémon, Victini

Nintendo and The Pokémon Company International are giving PokémonTM fans another reason to get excited about the upcoming launch of PokémonTM Black Version and Pokémon White Version games for the Nintendo DSTM family of systems. Those who are quick off the mark and purchase either of the new games between 4th March and 22nd April 2011, will be eligible to receive a special Liberty Pass via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection (broadband Internet access required) This special Liberty Pass will enable the lucky few who receive it to catch the never-before-seen Mythical Pokémon, VictiniTM.

Victini – the Victory Pokémon – is the first ever Pokémon to be both Psychic and Fire- type and it cannot be obtained through normal game play. It is said that Victini creates an unlimited supply of energy, which it shares with others. This energy source may be the secret to how it brings about victories. Victini’s unique and exclusive Victory Star ability not only increases its own accuracy in battle, but also boosts the accuracy of all your fighting Pokémon. Victini is a must-have in any Pokémon battle, and especially useful in Triple Battles, which is a unique new feature of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.

Featuring more than 150 never-before-seen-PokémonTM, no matter which version you choose, you’re sure to have fun. With an array of expanded features for taking your Pokémon into battle, you can challenge other trainers in either the game’s main adventure, or go head-to-head against your friends.

To be in with a chance of receiving the special Liberty Pass, grab your copy of either Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version when they launch across Europe on March 4th 2011.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I never could get my DS Lite connected. Either I'm missing something or I just can't with my set-up. I do have my Wii connected online of course though.

thebluelight1

thebluelight1 said:

@Bass X0 The problem with getting a DS online is that you need a WEP key on your router which is fairly outdated now and you probably don't have.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Some routers have the option to change the encryption thoguh if you go to the settings. When I go online with DS games I have to switch it.

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

Most routers should support WEP. Both my family's D-Link DIR-825 and my own Belkin Play Max support WEP encryption, and they're both high end, recent routers. If not, then you could always hunt down a Nintendo WiFi USB connector on the cheap. :)

Although, here's a thought. Since Black and White are DSi enhanced, I wonder if they will support WPA encryption if played on a DSi?

Trumpet-Hero

Trumpet-Hero said:

Actually Bass you can just call nintendo customer service they'll help you step by step :D but you need parental consent

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Because of Victini, I'm thinking of taking the plunge (finally) and making this my first Pokemon game (not counting the Super Smash Bros. games). I know the originals will likely be available on 3DS VC soon, so seems as good a time as any!

I have a question, though, if one of you kind folks could answer. I only have an original Nintendo DS (didn't make the leap to DSi because they didn't introduce VC for it). Can I redeem this "Liberty Pass" for Victini without having access to the DSi Shop, just using the online connection I have on my old DS? I'll be getting the 3DS on day one, within the window for this offer, but apparently no shop will be available till the late-May update. Also, any suggestions on which version to get (don't really know the differences). Thank you for any help. :)

Sylfaen

Sylfaen said:

Well, BetelgeuseWC77.

The difference isn't really that big from what I can tell. If you care about Legendary pokemons the White got a better teamup of types. But other then that they're more or less equal.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Thank you very much for the help, guys! :) Definite buy for me now. Legendary Pokemon sounds like a good thing, so I'm getting White. And I'm an absolute sucker for bonus content/goodies for reserving/getting a game early! It'll be somewhat of a relief having the eShop channel on 3DS. Even though I chose not to get DSi because of lack of VC, I feel a bit behind.