Celebrate Dragon Quest VI's North American Launch with a Video

Posted by James Newton

Meet the cast

After a wait that threatened never to end, Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation reaches the Western world today on Nintendo's DS. Square Enix and Nintendo have put together a trailer to introduce you to some of the unfamiliar characters you'll meet on your journey through the latest epic RPG.

The game was originally released on Super NES in Japan only, so today marks the first time an official translation of the game has been released outside of the Land of the Rising Sun: cause for celebration indeed.

Our review is in the works and will be available shortly. There's currently no official word on a European release date for the game, but we'll keep you updated.

Portista

Portista said:

Can you guys give me the non Youtube video? Thx! :)

Also, when will you guys post the review of this game?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Portista: the review will go live when (a) the reviewer is done with the review, and if that happens too quickly, (b) when the embargo is lifted (because there usually is one on big-name releases).

also, apparently you didn't get the point the last time I linked you to something you could easily have googled yourself -- please google it yourself.

Digiki

Digiki said:

In more exciting news, yesterday I happened across both Dragon Warrior I&II AND Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure!
After years of hoping! <3
So much Dragon Quest, so little time! :D

motang

motang said:

Finally made it's way out of Japan, years later, but still made itself out.

pixelman

pixelman said:

I really don't like these characters. :/ The battles look fun though. I'll probably pass on this for now and wait for a bargain price.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

If it wasn't on Dragon Quest-related merchandise, I really wouldn't want to know what Valenslime is.

Despair1087

Despair1087 said:

worst valenslimes day ever!!!

gamestop didn't have it even though i friken preordered it... i want my slime plushie :'(

AND the guy at the store thought i was a girl because of my long hair >:(

pixelman

pixelman said:

@Stuffy: Yeah, but Nintendo is publishing this one. I'm sure there'll at least be some Amazon deals on it like there were for DQIX.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

I think the game is REALLY coming out tomorrow (Tuesday)... Cause that's Tuesdays are the days when video games come out during the weekday unless it's a 'major' game like GTA :/

I really want my copy with that Slime plush...

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Awww, Mr. & Mrs. Slime (assuming they're married, can't see a ring) are so cute together. Talk about a power couple! But, Slime love... they say love is messy, but THAT really must be!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Kind of odd that this game wasn't released yesterday considering that Nintendo is publishing this game. That would have ensured that the game would be here in time for "Valenslime's Day". Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to play it.:(

Tylr

Tylr said:

Hmm...dunno if i wanna pick this up. Looks more limited than DQIX. I liked the option of customizable charactors...

c0ldfire16

c0ldfire16 said:

Was soooo looking forward to picking this up today after class, only to find out they hadnt got it yet, that they will have in TOMORROW ='( . Worst Valenslimes day EVER.

greenellow

greenellow said:

I drove pretty far out to go get this and they said their shipment was delayed but, at least they still gave me th plush

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

@17

It's because DQIX was more of a 'personalized' game than this title. DQIX had a huge focus on multiplayer and customizing. I wish they had taken the multiplayer online... People complained about not having characters with a backstory- but all YOU need to do is have an imagination and create a story for your characters. That's what I'm doing. Pretty fun.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Yeah I'll get this game, if only because the characters look way more awesome than in DQ IX (the 3D characters just really didn't agree w/ me, 2D chars ftw!) plus it seems like it "may" have a better story than DQ IXs... (It seemed really childish to me). Although the DQ series are really basic RPGs anyway, maybe a bit too basic, even for me & my love of easy to understand & play RPGs. I'll give it a go if it comes to PAL.

J-Forest-Esq

J-Forest-Esq said:

I loved Hand of the Heavenly Bride, which this one seems to be more similar to than IX. However, are there random battles? As far as I'm concerned the only games that can cope with random battling are the various Golden Suns. I find the rest too frustrating...