Xbox Live Arcade's Antipole Flipping to DSiWare

Posted by James Newton

Saturnine Games returns

Xbox Live Arcade title Antipole attracted plenty of attention with its gravity-flipping gameplay, and soon DSi owners will be able to get their hands on the innovative platformer as developer Saturnine Games has announced it'll be bringing the title to DSiWare.

The game is said to be progressing well, with several stages already completed, but it's not yet at a stage where screenshots can be shown. Saturnine did send over a trailer of the Xbox Live Arcade version, below, so imagine this on a smaller screen and in the palm of your hand.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

@RacoonMario: I'd say VVVVVV is more of a death-based learn-from-your-mistakes platformer and this seems more of the standard jump-and-shoot platformer, plus gravity altercation.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Okay, the end of the trailer says it's an INDIE GAME on XBLA. That makes a LOT more sense, given the visuals in the trailer. Also better explains why I'd not previously heard of it, since Indie Games generally get even less media attention than regular downloadable titles.

Looks interesting enough, anyway. I look forward to seeing how it looks on the DS. Hopefully a nice 16-bit aesthetic.

irken004

irken004 said:

Could be good, for the right price. I wouldn't pay any more than 500 points, 200 points if there isn't much content.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Looks like a lot of fun. I second irken though. In fact, I don't typically buy dsiware period if it's more than 500 pts.

Crunc

Crunc said:

It's $3 on XBIG, so I sure hope they don't charge more then that on DSiWare. I'm going to download the XBIG trial and see if it's worth picking up on either platform.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

eeeh.....looks kinda clumsy physics-wise...definitely waiting on reviews before I try this one. VVVVVV was much, much tighter (not that I've played this yet) and this graphical presentation on this one isn't doing much for me.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Woo. It's VVVVVV with clunky oversized sprites, ugly tiling, and physics issues.

Portista

Portista said:

Eh...I'll have to see the review before I get this one. It looks really simple.