We're absolutely killing 2011 with our new weekly schedule, even if we're a little late in the day from time to time. As in every episode so far.
This episode we're inspired by the 3DS line-up and looking towards both the future and past by checking out some excellent remixes of classic tunes from franchises headed to the stereoscopic handheld. Then we threw in a request for Mega Man Zero 2 because, you know, sometimes you just need more Mega Man in your life.
1. Arata Iiyoshi — Skyworld (Kid Icarus) (Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii)
2. Diggi Dis — Mamacitas in my Valley The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Remix (OCRemix)
3. Hiroshi Okubo — Rage Racers (Ridge Racers 2 Original Soundtrack [iTunes])
4. Benjamin Briggs, halc, Insert Rupee — Why So Serious? Super Mario Land Remix (OCRemix)
5. Dragonlord — Cool Mind Mega Man Zero 2 Remix (OCRemix)
In case you've missed out on the fun so far, NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight chip musicians and albums we really like, as well as your own original gaming compositions.
To prevent the traveling back in time too far that comes with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!) and also drop original compositions of yours you'd like us to play on the show in our Soundcloud dropbox.