Monochrome Pokemon Come to Europe on March 4th

Posted by James Newton

Before the US? What's going on?

Clear your diaries for March, European Pokéfans: Pokémon Black and White will launch across the continent on March 4th, Nintendo has announced.

The next instalment in the freakishly popular monster-catching series gets to European shores a whole 48 hours before its North American release, an unexpected but no doubt welcome turn of events for gamers keen to jump into the Unova region and begin catching the stacks of new Pokémon.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

said:

I'm fed up with the pokemon series. No matter how good this turns out to be, I won't buy it.
[formerly user Gunzelino, now user Edesto]

Denkou

Denkou said:

I find it hilarious that after all those NL contests, the Europeans on the site were constantly telling us americans that we always get games first. At this point though, it seems like europe is getting more games first.... Oh well. Two days ain't gonna kill me. Eat your heart out Europe.

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

It's good to see you posting again, James.
And it's also good to see that our three areas will be getting these games within a close time range.

Advancedcaveman

Advancedcaveman said:

What's the 3rd version of this game going to be? Pokemon Grey? Pokemon Crosshatch? Pokemon Halftone Pattern? Pokemon Dithering? Pokemon Error Diffusion?

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Good to see more close EU/NA release dates. I hope we see some more event downloads for DPPt/HGSS to get everyone hyped in the meantime. I wants an Arceus kthnxbai.

Silverfang

Silverfang said:

@smashbrawler331

When Europe gets a game before America it's usually for a few days whereas usually when a game comes out in America first, Europeans have to wait for a month or two.

Not surprised by this, I expected it to come out a week of either side of the American release.

Yai

Yai said:

Nice to see a game come out around the same time for once.. annoying having to wait months :<

Not sure if I will buy it though, some of the new designs are meh. Overall the game is probably really awesome though.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Saw this news two days ago. I was so sure they would release this as late as July. Great news that we don´t have to wait almost for a year after they we´re relased in Japan.

1080ike

1080ike said:

I hate you and everyone you love dear, Europe fans.
Just kidding, I'm just jealous.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

You Europeans get it 2 days before us....
March 4-6th will be the longest two days ever.

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

I think it would be nice if Nintendo includes a complimentary Japanese Language Course with every new 3DS system sold. Then in a matter of time games can be released world-wide on the same day as they appear in the Land of the Rising Sun. Or... less costly they could include a complimentary English Language Course with every 3DS sold in Japan. But I think that learning Japanese can be fun if Nintendo made the Curriculum.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

@Advancedcaveman:
No, it's Pokemon Doppler Effect!

EDIT: What are the chances of it being something anti-monochrome, such as Pokemon Chroma Version or Pokemon Rainbow Version?

In any case, spare a thought for us Aussies and Kiwis who need to wait until the 10th before we can pick our very own Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott. :)

Enjoy your 'mon, US and Europe!

Marvelousmoo

Marvelousmoo said:

@11 Come on, whats with the bashing. Instead of working separate, we should work against our common enemy... Japan! They always get games way before any of us. I need some Wii JRPGs!

NassaDane

NassaDane said:

Good for them. It seems they normally get the short end of the stick, its good to see the oposite.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

It doesn't really matter if Europe or America gets it first as long as the dates are close

Kevember

Kevember said:

It's not 48 hours before America, at the time Pokemon Black/White is released in America it will have been out for 54 hours in the UK, don't forget about time zones guys.

But this makes me happy, remember when Super Smash Bros. Brawl was relased like 3 months before in America and then Europe got Mario Kart Wii before America? Well, this time you get Pokemom before, but Nintendo 3DS after us (probably).