Limited Edition Pokemon Black and White DSis to Hit Europe

Posted by James Newton

Black or white?

When Pokémon Black and White hit Europe on March 4th, choosing which coloured game to go for won't be the only difficult decision on the shelves, as the games will also launch alongside two limited edition DSi consoles.

Available in black or white, the bundles come with a copy of the appropriately-coloured game, with the console bearing a picture of Reshiram and Zekrom. They're not the first limited edition Pokémon DS consoles, but they are the first to reach Europe, and so should spark the interest of collectors and late adopters.

That's not the only Pokémon-related happenings, though. Whereas North America could receive a trio of Shiny Legendary Pokémon at Gamestop, Europeans don't even need to leave their houses, as the same monsters will be available to download through Nintendo WiFi Connection.

Owners of Diamond, Pearl, Gold, Silver or Platinum can grab Entei, Raikou and Suicune from February 7th, which will in turn unlock Zorua and Zoroark in Pokémon Black and White.

DannyBoyTheDude

DannyBoyTheDude said:

The art seems to show up on the Black DSi better, which would be weird, but I guess it might just be the picture.

Gameday

Gameday said:

She can be my baby doesnt matter if shes black or white. ha sry had to.. nice designs cant wait to see what else they have

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I think this is a bad time to release new special edition DSis when the 3ds is out in two months time.

aaronluis26

aaronluis26 said:

@mariofanatic128 Yeah, but at the same time, if anything is going to spark new DS sales nearing the "end" of its life cycle, this is definitely going to do it. If this bundle comes to America, I'd be very tempted to get one, but I doubt I'll be able to :|

salty1264

salty1264 said:

already have a white dsi witch im selling and im getting a 3ds but ill get pokemon black

J-Forest-Esq

J-Forest-Esq said:

White for me. Not a difficult decision at all.
Better remember about Febuary the 7th...I don't want to forget that

Azikira

Azikira said:

Too bad the 3DS is coming out this year, or they probably would've done this in all regions. But seeing as it may be overshadowed by the newer console, it isnt that much of a loss.

aaronluis26

aaronluis26 said:

@zezhyrule I'm not really sure how many gamers would, but I guess there could be budget minded people who would be interested. The only reason why I would is because I kind of need a new one and I think I'd prefer to play my DS games on a DS instead of a 3DS because of its battery life.

triforceofcourage

triforceofcourage said:

I've fallen out of the pokemon craze. It seemed like too much of a good thing. every new instalment was like, "Wait... i think ive seen this somewhere before...". Hopefully B&W will re-energize the pokefan in me.

Pastry

Pastry said:

Umm... why the crap would they release a new DSi a few weeks before the 3DS came out!?

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

That black one looks real sharp. While I will never see that DSi in my hands, can't wait to get the actual game in my hands!

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

Do want, but can't afford if I want to get a 3DS. Besides, I want Pokemon White, but the Black DS. =/

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

Especially the white one looks great... however... why is it only available as DSi and not as DSi XL (or DSi LL)... why? I'm thinking of replacing my old DS for the DSi XL eventhough the 3DS is coming out soon. But in a small DSi I'm totally not interested even such pretty ones as these.

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

Actually that limited edition red Mario 25 year anniversary DSi XL looks a bit boring compared to these Pokemon designs. Why didn't they make similarly nice graphics on the special Mario DSi XL? I was quite disappointed with the star, mushroom and whatever on the red DSi XL.

nick_gc

nick_gc said:

This is nice. If I had money to burn I'd get one of them. But I already have SMB 25th Anniversiry DSi XL and I'm getting the 3DS on release day.