Liight Approved for WiiWare

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Finally, there will be a Liight in the darkness of everybody's life [Updated with trailer]

A while back, we showed you Liight, a puzzler from Studio Walljump that involves illuminating targets of various colours using the base elements of red, green and blue light in various combinations. It looked quite exciting, but we hadn't heard anything about it for a long time (our last news post, besides our first impressions, was in July 2009)... until now. The developers have recently posted on their Twitter:

Liight is FINALLY APPROVED FOR WiiWare! I will let you know the $$ and Date asap!

We'll keep you up to date on all developments as they occur. Until then, you can read our Liight first impressions and our interview with Studio Walljump.

Update: If you're having trouble wrapping your head around the concept, check out the new trailer below.

[via twitter.com]

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

OMG FINALLY!! This game has been known for ages. Can't wait to finally get my hands on this. I was starting to think it was canned or something!

accc

accc said:

I remember this game! Looks pretty interesting... not sure I'd spend more than 600 points on it though.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Wow, didn't know it had been that long since the first impressions was posted... But what's this? What's WiiWare? What's Wii? I wanna hear more about 3DS!!! :D

BlueBandanaJake

BlueBandanaJake said:

Yes, I'd all but forgotten about this, cant wait for this to come out, definately picking it up quickly :)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Man, it's been forever since I last heard anything about this game! I'm glad to hear that it is finally ready to see the Liight of day!:D

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Thanks for posting that video Omega! This game looks very impressive!

I wonder if there will be a demo for this game. Not that I need one since I will be downloading it immediately but I'm sure that it would definitely help sales.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

I was already sold on this game but that new trailer....Wow!! Now There is no doubt in my mind I will be buying this! It looks like something that will frustrate me badly in later levels but that's ok. Some of my favorite games of all time made me wanna smash the console to bits :D Anyway, I second that this LOOKS like it could be in the Art Style series but.....IDK, Art Style games are more than aesthetics. Their gameplay is very simple yet complex at the same time. We'll see if this lives up to the Art Style games!

thaantman

thaantman said:

Definitely been interested in this game for a while, looks like some pretty good wiiware games are on the way. With Liight, fast racing league, and motoheroz, I'm gonna need a couple of nintendo point cards.

EdEN

EdEN said:

Now we just need a price and release date for the game. Have to agree with Omega on the fact that the game shows the polish that the Art Style games have gotten us used to.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

What's up with WiiWare Light Games? Lit, Lit Line, and now Liight.