Giana Sisters DS Gets ESRB Rated

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Beloved platformer finally coming to NA

Well it looks like Giana Sisters DS is finally coming to North America after a rather lengthy wait. The game was recently rated by the ESRB and hopefully we'll be seeing a release here in North America very soon.

No word yet on the publisher or any release details, but we'll keep you posted as we find out more information. Until then, you can take a look at our review of the European release and if that leaves you wanting more information, you can always check out the game's official site.

UPDATE: After contacting the game's publisher Destineer about a possible release date, we were given the following statement:

The game should be coming out soon. I believe it has made it through Nintendo certification and is in the process of manufacturing. So hopefully places should start to see it in a few weeks or so.

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

Should be good, I played the iphone version but of all games traditional platformers need a real controller the most.

DannyBoyTheDude

DannyBoyTheDude said:

Yes! I love the Giana Sisters! I'm a huge fan of not only the original games but also the fan sequel that's floating around. It's not quite as fast paced as Mario but it can still be a blast to play.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Meh, my opinion is that it´s worth 7/10. Guess I was expecting a little too much from this one. It´s not too hard (some challencing levels in the last world though), most levels are too short and it´s not original in any way. It had some good songs but there should have been more of them. And repeating the same boss trough the entire game... Almost every other 2D platformer that come to mind like Donkey Kong Country, Mario, Yoshi´s Island, Kirby, Wario Land, Rayman, Sonic, Ristar are better than GS. Still if you found New Super Mario Bros too easy and already played trough all the great 2D platformers that come to mind then check this out (just don´t pay 40 euros for this like I did :D).

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

YES!!!!!! This is fantastic news! I have been dying to play this game and now I finally can! I actually almost paid $85 for an import copy on eBay. Thank God I didn't!:D

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Hooray! :D I personally haven't been dying to play the game, but more supposedly awesome games coming to the US is fine with me! :)

1080ike

1080ike said:

I might actually get this. Outside of RPGs, platformers are my favorite type of game.

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

Yes! I've wanted this for a while and now I don't have to import it!

Hooray for patient waiting! and the ESRB too!

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Good about time! A few months ago I played this game on emulator one day and got pretty far in it. It's fun for what it is. I was going to import it but didn't have money at the time and it was too expensive anyway. Either I'll finish my already existing file or I'll have to buy it when it comes.

Now if we can just get Tingle's Rosey Ruppee Land (yeah right that won't happen).

Pokeman

Pokeman said:

Man, it looks exactly like a mario game. Totally a Mario-rip off. I bet there's going to be a war with the two or something like that.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Nothing listed on GameStop.com or Amazon as yet...I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for this one!:D

EDIT: IGN claims it should release for $19.99 on Feb. 22. What a deal! I hope it's true!:D

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

This is good news! Sadly, I spent a mother-load buying it off eBay from some dude in Germany :P I still say it was worth it though. That same thing also happened to me with Picross 3D (I still have the Japanese version).