Unravel Kirby's Epic Yarn in Europe on February 25th

Posted by James Newton

Nearly three months to the pink fluffy one

While fortunate North American gamers have been digging into Kirby's Epic Yarn since October 17th, European Wii owners could only cast jealous glances across the Atlantic as the game languished without a release date. Now Nintendo of Europe has spoken: February 25th 2011 is the day Kirby comes to Europe.

That's four weeks after Mario Sports Mix hits Wii, so there'll be plenty of time to save those post-Christmas pennies.

What do you make of Kirby's February due date?

Denkou

Denkou said:

holysh- cow. holy cow. Europe really gets this one late.... Why would it take so long? There really isn't much of a language barrier.... I mean, Thats Japan's excuse for taking six months before giving America games... but.... wow.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

3 months?! That's just retarded... give me my Kirby Nintendo! D:<
Why must we always be last on the list to get games? This really blowz...

Cipher

Cipher said:

It was announced way back at E3 that it was coming next year. February's great.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Well that sucks for you guys....At least they didn't push DK into 2011 as well!

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Sigh.....
I thought the days of staggered American/European releases were over.Seems Nintendo hasn't been learning much at all, what with this and the Mario All-stars 50hz debacle.Surely this would have been a massive xmas seller??
Ah well At least I've got plenty on me XBOX to keep me busy.

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

I just hope that they will have language options. It would be great if the story is in Japanese and subtitled in English. Or some decent English voice acting. But I feel completely nauseated contemplating a Dutch voice-over. Some Professor Layton games are completely dubbed into Dutch without the option of changing the language. It is just awful! And for all of those French, Spanish, Italian and German children. You have wonderful languages, especially the French, but now "everyone" has to wait for the translation. Why doesn't everyone just use English as an international auxiliary language? It will make the world a much easier place! And then all of those great Japanese games that are never translated could be played by everyone. I mean, who wouldn't love to play "Love Plus" or "Kyaba Joppi" for the Nintendo 3DS?

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

It's simply no good business to release "Kirby Epic Yarn" for the Wii just after the Nintendo 3DS is released. NOW, amongst all the "Call of Duty - Black Ops" and "Gran Turismo 5" is the opportunity to stand out with originality and quality. I would definitely pick Kirby over those two great titles. Also in only a couple of days it will be Sinterklaas in Holland. So what better gift could there be than a brand new beautiful fun Kirby game?

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

Why is everything suddenly "epic"? I mean, there's Epic Mickey and Kirby's Epic Yarn. Why not simply "Mickey" or "Mickey Mouse" and simply "Kirby Wii" or just a big pink "K" on a box? Why make everything epic?

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Really ridiculous that we just get it in February. I was planning on getting it for my birthday. Oh well. At least we get it.

taffy

taffy said:

I don't see what all the fuss is, they've only just realised Donkey Kong. It would be counter productive for Nintendo to have two of their own franchises competing against each other. Besides I want to play Donkey Kong first anyway :D

Chozo85

Chozo85 said:

Never has the phrase 'good things come to those who wait' been more apt. Still at least were getting it.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

LuWiiGi -> I'm trying to make "mega" the new "epic" because I'm sick of hearing that word all the time and I think its time mega made a comeback. Join the revolution!

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

I wanted to have a bigger gap between this and the 3DS launch so I could enjoy it while I wait.
Ironically I'm in New York when this comes out.

JGMR

JGMR said:

Wise choice. There is a lot of attention on Donkey Kong Country Returns and Goldeneye as holiday presents that can easily draw the attention of Kirby away into oblivion.

Warioware

Warioware said:

Does anybody know the reasoning for the delay? Especially considering that Donkey Kong got released around the same time. Surely there can't be that much translation for a Kirby game.....

RightHemisphereG

RightHemisphereG said:

For those of you who like play-throughs to have more contras to the VO check-out Kirby Vids On this channel. youtube.com/user/kNIGHTWING01#g/u

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

For some odd reason now I see Yam instead of Yarn when looking at the title of this game, never used to happen till now.

Kirby's Epic Yam. I would totally play it too!