Nintendo's 3DS Preview Events Scheduled for 19th January

Posted by Trevor Chan

One in Amsterdam, one in New York City

Nintendo's presence at this year's Consumer Electronics Show will unfortunately be missed, certainly on the show floor at least. However, that doesn't mean Nintendo is ignoring western gamers' thirst for 3DS details because the company has scheduled two press events to take place in the United States and Europe early next year.

On 19th January, previews will be held in New York City, and Amsterdam to allow media outlets to get some hands-on playtime, with The Big Apple getting a special presentation from Nintendo of America's President Reggie Fils-Aime.

Nintendo Life will be at the Amsterdam event which should be the time and place to finally get pricing and other launch-related details. Will the system be region-locked? What sort of a price-tag and range of launch titles are you hoping for?

timp29

timp29 said:

It's kinda lame, but I am really looking forward to the remake of Ocarina of Time in 3D.
I'm also hoping that game developers don't just see 3D as a novelty but incorporate it into games in original and meaningful ways.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Dammit Nintendo, why are all of your press events in New York or California? Why never Oregon? D:

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George said:

The reason they hold these events in places like New York or California is the Celebrities. Last time they scored Dillon & Cole Sprouse....

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Come on peeps, there is never a Nintendo event within around 200 miles from where I live (if not more) ;)

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

hmmm, maybe the 3DS will release in America in March. With the lack of any concrete release information (price, etc), I was getting the feeling that a delay was imminent.

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

Give me $250 as a U.S. price point and some STAR FOX 64, STREET FIGHTER 4, and R.E. Also, PILOTWINGS should be installed on the system.

JustYourAverageBleh

JustYourAverageBleh said:

Wow. I wish I could go. Good thing Nintendo is putting the 3DS in the spotlight. They have to keep it exposed or the audience will lose interest in it albeit its wonderful abilities.

Bobpie

Bobpie said:

You think Australia misses out? Try living in Christchurch, New Zealand. :P If anything reaches NZ it's always only Auckland. :(

Kimiko

Kimiko said:

Is that event in Amsterdam only for media people, or can everyone go? A'dam isn't very far from here (30min. by train).

Rensch

Rensch said:

Might wanna check out the Amsterdam event if I'm in the area. Where is it gonna be exactly?

Djrr-ific

Djrr-ific said:

Too bad it is press only, once in a lifetime luck that something is happening in Holland, am I not allowed to come... :( shame shame shame ninty. :(

Machu

Machu said:

Who from NL is going to this event? And can I carry their bags? Please. :/

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

@FJOJR YES! THANK YOU! Nintendo just must hate us down in Florida.
But, yeah that's too bad that it's so far away.......grrrr.......

James

James said:

Remember guys these events are for media only - places have specific invites and need their names on the guest list to get in, so don't turn up on the off-chance of getting in.

@Machu - I'm going and hopefully Drake too. You can hold my bags and shine my shoes too.

Crunc

Crunc said:

Is this thing open to the public? I might be able to convince my wife to make a trip to NYC. We love NYC anyway and want to go, so this would just be a bonus (for me and the kids, not so much her :)

James

James said:

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I really hope there's a public demonstration of the kind that Japan's getting... Would bus down to NYC in a second for that. (Or, in 4 hours, rather.)

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

Region locking is almost criminal in my opinion. If Nintendo has any kind of respect for it's dear customers they should NOT have region locking. Especially not for a portable hand-held console. Portable consoles are ideal for taking abroad on a holiday. I would go even further and say that also multi-language support should become standard. Wouldn't it be great to just buy some fantastic games in Japan and simply select English from the menu? I had a hard time figuring out what everything in "Taiko no Tatsujin DS" meant and this game is simply awesome! Also I believe that no-region lock will prevent piracy as a way for gamers to get what they want. So no-region-lock and multi-language is the way of the future. Next step is ending country borders and uniting the whole world. So there will no longer be Americans, Chinese, English, French, Persians, Indians, etc... but just humans. Yeah!

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Cool. Because I can't attend, anyone who can go all the NL staff members going should have fun!

I envy you...