Make What You Will of this BIT.TRIP FLUX Teaser Image

Posted by James Newton

The excitement is building

You could fit the entire known information about BIT.TRIP FLUX onto the head of an 8-bit-styled pin, and Gaijin Games has thrown fans a bone with the release of this teaser image to promote the game.

Last month Gaijin released a textual teaser which, when read along with the image, makes things rather clearer. See what you can come up with from the two and stay tuned for more BIT.TRIP FLUX information including a very special event in the next episode of NLFM.

A lesson is learned.

Life is.

Simply.

There is no death.

There is no before.

There is no after.

All is in flux.

Simply.

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

No mention of the fact that the image was revealed in tons of bits' advent calendar? For shame...

Also, I think that video affected you too much, James...

Supermegaman

Supermegaman said:

Another thing to note is that the icon of bit trip flux was a paddle like beat's, except white, so make of that what you will as well ;)

Omenapoika

Omenapoika said:

Aww, the Bit.Trip. series has awesome advertisement :)
My theory is, that the game is kind of like proceed/dodge/rhythmic/hectic thing (like all the others...) but this is like going to the core of the sphere by constantly moving inside the sphere's internal space and dodging obstacles.
There!

PaperSpock

PaperSpock said:

Is that not the planet from the first stage of Bit.Trip.Beat, but in some sort of inverted color scheme?

invmat

invmat said:

@10: Yes, I was thinking the same! Besides that, each game has an icon:
Bit Trip ...
Beat: Orange Line
Core: Red +
Void: Black dot
Runner: CM running
Fate: CM with red eyes
Flux: The same line as beat, but White (inverted?).
This and the planet you see in Beat with an inverted color scheme... Has Flux something to do with inverted things?

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

For some reason, I'm guessing an adventure game, like Zelda. BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!!! D:

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

that is undoubtedly the planet from BEAT (bottom left):
Untitled
my best guess is the game will travel back through Commander Video's journey... in a totally different (inverted somehow?) manner...

Retronaut

Retronaut said:

Wow. All these comments and only one Star Wars reference.
Both the image and the text are INTENSELY Star Wars-y. What exactly that means for the game, I have no idea.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

The planet remind me a bit of Tetrisphere. Not sure if I'm going to get the game. Not a huge fan of the Bit. Trip series.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I think this is signifying the end of the Bit.Trip, because there's a meteor headed for the planet.

Mange

Mange said:

Found this clip interesting. It´s the Bit.Trip cutscenes from the first three games.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

"There is no death, There is no before, There is no after, All is in flux"

Does that mean we are looking at Time Travel?

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Kinda looks like a maze-type game (akin to Pacman), from those grooves in that "planet" in the image. Of course, it may have nothing to do with the gameplay.

Sadsack_Awesome

Sadsack_Awesome said:

:O I KNOW WHAT IT IS! THAT LINE THING IS GOING TO HIT THE PLANET FROM BEAT AND COMMANDER VIDEO WILL HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE PLANET, AND IT WILL BE ALL ORANGE/RED, EVERYTHING WILL BE ON FIRE, STUFF WILL BE DESTROYED, LIKE THE FIRST TEASER SAID, ALL IS IN FLUX, IT WILL BE THE GRAND FINALE, I DON'T KNOW WHY I'VE GOT CAPS LOCK ON!!!!!!!

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

@24 I was thinking the same thing

I want to think we'll be spinning that planet to made the approaching "dot" connect with a certain spot on the planet, and during gameplay, many "dots" will be coming. Then again, maybe we're the one's controlling dots to fire them at the planet.

Maybe we have control of the planet spinning w/ the nunchuck and the "dots" approaching w/ the wii-mote, creating a very challenging "flux" of gameplay.

Good job Gaijin, you've sucked me in again to speculation...

VentKazemaru

VentKazemaru said:

Perhaps flux will feature levels from all the bit trips? Commander video reminiscing his life to this point, in a new gameplay style of course.